Europe / Netherlands / / Amsterdam
#: 80180-en_US / 80180
Collection Specialist – 80180
ABOUT THIS JOB
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover, and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
ROLE: Research and collect the best representative images from websites, studios, distributors, vendors, screen captures, and related sources in a timely and accurate manner for entry into an internal database.
- Collect photos, logos, and other digital assets from publicists, content providers, vendors, and websites to support Gracenote Products.
- Follow established standards for evaluation and collection of the best images to meet Gracenote size, aspect ratio, and other product requirements
- Regularly communicate with processing and other global teams to ensure imagery makes it through the entire process for delivery to customers.
- Link images to the assigned asset in the Gracenote databases.
- Initiate, track and maintain communication with content providers to achieve results.
- Recommend ways to improve productivity, increase quality, and new ways of filling image gaps
- Identify and pursue source candidates for scripted or other automated collection
- A University degree in a media-related field or equivalent work is a plus.
- Must demonstrate effective organizational, grammatical, analytical, writing and communication skills
- Must have keyboarding skills; Windows proficiency preferred.
- Must be organized, exhibit strong attention to detail, possess multitasking ability as well as self-motivation and high energy.
- Experience with Adobe Photoshop is a must.
- Must have a good eye for images and a desire for high quality.
- Good knowledge of Italian television and VOD programming preferred, and most importantly a love for movies.
- Language requirements: Native or near-native Italian language skills, fluency in English. Knowledge of other European languages is a plus.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Amsterdam,North Holland
Secondary Locations: , , ,