Europe / Italy / / Assago
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 79703-en_US / 79703
Nielsen Media is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide, providing media and advertising industries with unbiased and reliable metrics that create a shared understanding of the industry required for markets to function. The company has operations in over 90 countries, covering more than 90% of the world's population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com.
For our Revenue Control and Support function, located in Milan (Assago, Milan Fiori Forum), we are in need of a German/Italiian/English Revenue Control Associate who can assit us with activities across Germany, Italy
Role is until end of Corona pandemic home (remote) based, but will once post pandemic be office based (Assago, Milan Fiori Forum) with flexibility of working remotely/from home.
An opportunity has arisen for a Junior Accountant, with solid knowledge of technology tools, to join a growing finance team.
The scope will be mostly on Germany and Italy , however this person may also be supporting other EU markets covered by the team mostly dealt in English.
Duties will include:
- Manage sales contract and order processing for own accounts in coordination with Revenue Controller & Client Service.
- Interface with Client Service & offshore (India) accounting team to manage sales contracts & order processing.
- Ensure adequate performance and reporting on the following:
- Customer invoicing
- Credit management
- Issue resolution and dispute management
- Accounts Receivable management, incl. cash collection and allocation
- Customer credit verification
- Support Revenue Controller in adopting a regional agenda and link in with offshore partners to standardise revenue processes.
- Support revenue recognition in accordance with US GAAP criteria and assist in maintaining relevant documentation for auditing purposes.
- Support the Revenue Controller in delivering appropriate & accurate revenue accounting in accordance with US GAAP
- Provide an overview to Revenue Controller and Finance Business Partner on pipeline, orders and contracts, revenue, billing and receivables and credit management
- Work with Revenue Controller in providing input on revenue related accruals and balance sheet account reconciliations
- Support Revenue Controller in the implementing & monitoring of adequate controls on revenue processes to support & maintain adequate controllership at all times.
- Fluency in spoken and written Italian, as well as very strong command of spoken and written German and English
- Formal education in accounting or finance
- Basic knowledge of the Italian accounting policies and invoicing rules
- First work experience (also internship) in capacity of revenue control/invoicing/support ideally within an international/global organisation.
- Able to handle high work load and deal with many assignments/duties across countries/regions.
- Familiar with or experience with revenue control IT systems and processes.
- High level of work ethics, and ability to work in a structured manner.
- Of advantage if experience with US GAAP financial reporting.
What can we offer you as an employee of Nielsen Media
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a varied area of responsibility and an open corporate culture with many development opportunities. Above all, our employees appreciate the ability to work independently in a motivated and very friendly team. Social responsibility, open communication and living our values are not only on our website but also in our daily work.
Job application, additional information and questions
Please apply by using the "apply" link in this job advertisement, by sending us your CV and job-application/cover letter in ENGLISH
We have a desire to fill this role as soon as possible, as soon as the right person has been found. For any questions, please contact responsible recruiter Jacob S. Madsen via e-mail Jacob.email@example.com or by phone: +44 77 33 26 48 33
Nielsen Media is committed to employing and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an employer for equal opportunities and positive actions, make decisions regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, marital status and protected veteran status or other protected class on a global scale.