Europe / Germany / / Hamburg
Client Service & Sales
#: 79087-en_US / 79087
This is a senior leadership role, fundamentally focusing on team management and enablement.
Although location of role is remote/virtual, it must be within Germany
When you see an advertisement on TV, a sponsored post in your social media newsfeed, a billboard from the highway, or price discount on the shelf, do you ever wonder how the advertiser decided to place those ads, and whether they actually work to drive purchases? If you work at Nielsen, you can help advertisers understand the answers to these very important questions and inform their strategies going forward. Globally industry spends ~$600B on advertising and you can become part of the team on mission to measure & improve the efficiency of every single dollar of that spend translating into $60B+ in value.
Nielsen is the largest market research firm in the world, tracking what people watch and buy in over 100 countries. The consumers’ world is changing at an unprecedented speed where media and commerce are colliding. At Nielsen, we are focused on providing our clients with usable, practical and meaningful tools that help them make strategic business decisions every day.
As a leader within Nielsen’s Marketing Effectiveness practice (Marketing Mix Modeling ) you will work with advertisers to help assess how well their marketing activities are working to drive sales and how they should most effectively use their budget in the future. As Nielsen becomes an independent media company there is greater focus on driving stand alone value for our clients and upskilling our teams on all of our solutions. You will serve as a regional commercial and analytical lead and point of contact for some of our largest Consumer Packaged Goods clients to deepen our relationships and expand our partnerships. In addition, you will serve as a matrix manager for Customer Success Associates from the Multi Touch Attribution practice as they immerse themselves in the world of Marketing Mix Modeling and Lift. You will ensure that your teams deliver best in class insights and ensure governance and execution against regional client programs. Ultimately you will be responsible for meeting and exceeding revenue goals for your clients by renewing, upselling and expanding our marketing effectiveness book of business at each of our clients and ensuring the development and success of your matrixed team.
- Responsible for establishing strong client relationships to drive client retention as well as business expansion.
- Penetrate and establish enduring client relationships with senior decision makers at clients by demonstrating on-going value by driving client outcomes.
- Owner of executive relationships and escalation point for commercial and consulting related engagements.
- Lead relevant RFP/High value commercial discussions with your client
- Responsibility for team revenue for owned regional clients
- Ensure your team delivers pro-active insights and action oriented solutions to clients by:
- Partner with clients to provide the best marketing plan based on the results of analysis and optimizations.
- Provide subject matter expertise to both the client and internal team.
- They are aware of best practices in methodology, client communication, and project execution
- Designing analytic studies that meet advertisers’ research objectives with the highest level of rigor and business relevancy
- Train, develop and coach MTA team members to enhance their consultancy skills and become more commercially minded.
- Ensure deployment, and adherence to regional and global initiatives like product, platform and methodology enhancement roll-outs.
- Contribute to regional and global Performance Measurement initiatives as voice of your market and of your clients.
- Collaborate with other Nielsen teams to provide holistic support to clients
- Bachelor degree required, advanced degree preferred
- 7+ years of marketing research or analytics experience
- Experience managing teams through direct lines and indirectly through influence
- Strong, successful track record of meeting or exceeding revenue targets of $1M+
- Ability to negotiate complex deals and ideate client engagement models
- Consultative story-telling ability to turn data into insights and package for a C-level audience to maximize impact
- Well-organized and detail-oriented, capable of handling several projects at a time while meeting deadlines
- Willingness to post pandemic travel across DACH client and office locations
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Fluent English, German a plus
- Experience with Nielsen or IRI data a plus
What can we offer you as an employee of Nielsen Media
In addition to a competitive salary in line with responsibilities consisting of base salary + bonus and company benefits we offer a varied area of responsibility and an open corporate culture with many development opportunities as we expand our DACH foot print.
Role offers remote/virtual set up and working in a highly dynamic autonomous environment with highly skilled colleagues. Our employees appreciate the ability to work independently in a motivated and very friendly team. Social responsibility, open communication and living our values are not only on our website but also in our daily work.
Job application, additional information and questions
Please apply by using the "apply" link in this job advertisement.
We have a desire to fill this role as soon as possible, as soon as the right person has been found. For any questions, please contact responsible recruiter Jacob S. Madsen via e-mail Jacob.firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone: +44 77 33 26 48 33
Nielsen Media is committed to employing and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an employer for equal opportunities and positive actions, make decisions regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, marital status and protected veteran status or other protected class on a global scale.