Europe / Netherlands / / Nieuwegein
#: 80261-en_US / 80261
Sports Desk Editor
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data”. Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
Currently, we are looking for a full-time Sports Editor to become part of our Sports Desk team. This position is based in Nieuwegein (The Netherlands).
This candidate should have a passion for sports and sports facts. Are you an expert in football facts, do you know all about Formula One and tennis, and are you also interested in Olympic Sports like alpine skiing or weightlifting than we have the perfect job for you.
The Sports Desk team is part of the Gracenote Sports Editorial team and produces newsworthy sports information, by analyzing sports data from our extensive sports database.
We provide sports information to global sports media outlets, sports federations and event organizers of big sporting events like the Olympic Games.
As a Sports Desk Editor, the successful candidate will be responsible for creating newsworthy and factual match previews and recaps for sports media clients, by interpreting the sports data in our database. You will be covering an extensive number of football leagues, for example, the English Premier League, Dutch Eredivisie, UEFA Champions League. You will also report on Wimbledon, the Tour de France, World Cup Ski Jumping, Archery World Championships and the Olympic Games
As most live sports events are scheduled outside regular office hours, evening and weekend shifts are part of the job. During these shifts you will be sending out live facts and you will be the contact person for our media clients, answering their questions on live sports events.
WHOM ARE WE LOOKING FOR?
- Extensive sports knowledge and interest in a wide variety of sports.
- Strong verbal, written communication skills in English and Dutch.
- Good problem solving/analytical skills.
- Good computer skills mainly Word and Excel. You will become an expert in using our applications.
- Understanding sports journalism, work accurately with a creative mind.
- You are a team player, but you can also make your own decisions and set priorities when working alone.
- You will be working a rotating schedule within your team (including evening and weekend shifts).
- You live in the Utrecht/Nieuwegein area, or you are able to make it home.
WHAT CAN WE OFFER YOU?
- Benefits – Besides a starter's salary, you will get the following non-financial benefits package – voluntary hours paid, flexible and family-friendly schedules, lunches paid partially by the company, travelling cost reimbursement, pension plan and disability insurance.
- Professional Growth – You will be provided with training to become an expert in the field of sports data and journalism.
- Great Culture – Our values in Nielsen are: Personal, Open, Integrated & Useful. You will experience a dynamic, open, international and sports-minded environment where you can simply be yourself.