Europe / United Kingdom / England / Oxford / 1
Client Service & Sales
#: 743999735891315 / REF2221R
Innovation Business Partner UK
About the job
Innovation matters. With best-in-class research and predictive analytical tools, NielsenIQ’s Innovation Practice (BASES) remains at the core of our client's new product ideation. We work with leading brands in the consumer packaged goods industry to identify breakthrough product ideas, product messaging that inspires action, fresh packaging designs, and optimal product launch strategies.
As an Innovation Business Partner, you’ll be responsible for both developing existing clients as well as finding new clients with the goal of helping them improve their return on innovation. Using BASES predictive analytics you will support their new product development, from identifying white space through to the point that a new product hits the shelf, in order to achieve profitable growth and related business targets in line with the client business strategy. You will work with industry-leading marketers to evolve new products into a success. You will see your work come to life. Have you ever wanted to modernize the brand and bottle design for an iconic beer company? How about discovering the next big energy drink? At BASES, you can. The next time someone asks you “What’s next…?” you’ll have the answer.
Be curious. Be collaborative. Be forward-thinking. Join NielsenIQ’s BASES team and unlock the potential of new products for clients in Europe.
- Responsible for personal revenue targets and understanding of profit contribution
- Drive the entire sales cycle from initial customer engagement to closed sales
- Prospect new buyers within existing client relationships
- Develop and maintain territory plans which outline how sales targets will be met
- Consult with clients regarding their business questions turning it into actionable research designs
- Design and estimate cost of new projects
- Maintain a high standard of client deliverables.
- Lead client meetings and handles sensitive client discussions where necessary, including senior level and procurement.
- Initiate programs to build client satisfaction and further develop the business, by identifying and penetrating new areas of growth
- Drive client satisfaction by providing business insights and actionable recommendations during presentations or business reviews
- Attend client planning meetings and contribute by providing NielsenIQ insights and solutions to the client’s business needs
- Develop a strong understanding of industry trends and competitive landscape
- Innovation marketing research
- Product and brand innovation in the consumer packaged goods industry
- Basic understanding of continuous in-market data
- Challenger sales – comfortable asserting views and challenging client thinking
- Prospecting through to opportunity identification and development
- Managing a complex B2B sales process
- Strong business and financial acumen
- Strong problem-solving skills and analytically curious
- Sales planning and account management
Education and Experience:
- University degree in Business, Marketing, Economics or related field
- 6+ years’ relevant work experience (marketing, research, agency, CPG manufacturer, etc)
- B2B sales experience
- Knowledge of and exposure to international business environment
- Strong analytical mind and excellent numerical skills
- Knowledge of advanced analytics, methods, and tools
- Good organizational skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Fluent English, both verbal and written
Your opportunity to grow
At NielsenIQ you will experience a dynamic, open, and solution-oriented environment where we support your development through a trust-based feedback culture and diverse training possibilities. Within our teams, we emphasize the importance of diversity and inclusion because we know they are crucial to our growth, strength, and ability to innovate. Our global teams work together to have an uncommon impact in the marketplaces and communities where we live and serve. As part of our culture, our promise to you is that at NielsenIQ you can:
Be Yourself, Make a Difference & Grow With Us.