Europe / Spain / / Madrid /
Technology & Engineering
#: 743999741666490 / 50245955
Network Engineer, Madrid
Our NielsenIQ Enterprise Platforms team ensures the strategy, design, delivery, deployment, maintenance, and support of our corporate technologies are best-in-class. More than 30,000 global employees rely on our team to support the systems and tools integral to NielsenIQ’s success. We therefore partner closely with all areas of the business, including HRIS, Finance, Recruitment, T&E, Procurement, and more.
We are a forward-thinking organization targeting current technology that enables our employees to be efficient using best practices.
As a Network Engineer, you’ll be part of a team of smart, highly skilled technologists who are passionate about learning and prototyping cutting-edge technologies. Right now our ERP systems are based in SAP technology using SaaS, PaaS as well as IaaS, targeting full cloud-based services. . Our team is co-located and agile, with central technology hubs in Chicago, Madrid, Toronto, and Chennai.
What you’ll do
- Responsible for managing the Network, Security, and Voice Services to support customer needs.
- Troubleshoots and resolves complex network problems while meeting service level agreements with customers.
- Ability to work flexible hours and be accessible 7/24 and provide on-call support
- Analyze network logs and perform debugging of network system issues.
- Participates in and leads aspects of major network installations and upgrades.
- Drive support for technical services and strategies that provide Nielsen with highly reliable, secure, flexible, and cost-effective networking services.
We’re looking for people who have
- 5+ years supporting large-scale enterprise network environments.
- Experience working with Cisco routers, Nexus switches, F5 load-balancers, Checkpoint firewalls (education and certification may substitute for years of work experience).
- Extensive Cisco routing and switching experience, including BGP and OSPF.
- Firewall experience, including but not limited to Checkpoint, including VPN, IPSEC, and SSL (Experience building firewall policies, rules, and all related configurations
- Preferred experience with Cloud computing architectures
- 2+ years setting IT vision, strategy, architecture, plans & direction as well as related IT organizational models within a highly complex, large-scale infrastructure environment.
- Proven ability to plan, implement and manage networks that ensure high availability, scalability, security, and operational supportability within a high-volume, rapidly growing digital business.
Minimum B.S. degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related field