Europe / Switzerland / / Lugano
#: 86446-en_US / 86446
Come and become part of the world of Media of tomorrow:
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, and have of media preferences. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all, and across a large range of products and solutions, from Metadata solutions like Gracenote, through to our specialist Nielsen Sports teams and our multitude of other products and solutions We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. More about us: www.nielsen.com
Reporting to the International Media Product Manager, the Product Specialist is responsible for end-to-end coordination of large scale, global technological and operational deployments across our Total Audience Measurement (TAM) business unit across more than 30 countries globally.
This role serves as the liaison between the stakeholders, end-users, subject matter experts, and development teams to ensure on time and on budget delivery meeting the vision of the product and reporting up through executive leadership. Cross Media covers classical Linear TV, Single Source Panel (Linear and streaming measurement, Panel and Census integration, VOD, RPD (stand alone and integrated into TAM), just to mention a few.
Primary responsibility is to validate the needs of the business stakeholders and set the strategy to deploy our services. Position serves as the principal conduit for managing system requirements between the business and the software development team throughout the duration of a project.
Location: Lugano, Switzerland or Milan, Italy
Role is offered on a permanent full time (Monday to Friday) basis
- Collaborates on the product strategy definition end to end (from development to deployment)
- Design and implement the best strategy to deploy and/or migrate the tool. Release plan and change management are critical tasks of the role
- Gathering the product requirements from various stakeholders, and strong decision making skills to drive process alignment and optimized workflow.
- Define and document requirements; write functional specifications; generating User Stories, Acceptance Criteria
- Strategic and functional prioritization of Product Backlog.
- Individual with more than 5 years of experience managing technology driven products (software).
- Strong Agile experience, managing scrum calls, prioritizing backlog, etc.
- Strategic mind set to define product from development to deployment
- Outstanding analytical and planning skills (Problem solving): To be able to identify problems and to generate timely solutions by thinking creatively and developing strategies to achieve business goals
- Solid understanding of business drivers and ability to translate requirements between business and technical stakeholders
- Strong Results Oriented: To be reliable upon meeting goals, targets and daily tasks within required timeframes, providing high quality results and services that exceed the requirements of internal and/or external clients. Ability to see tasks through to completion without significant guidance
- Excellent communication, influencing and relationship skills; ability to facilitate across multiple functions, cultures, and levels of the organization. Cross-cultural sensitivity
- English language skills – high level of both written and verbal skill
- Flexibility and ability to deal with deadline pressures
- Efficient in working in geographically dispersed team
What can we offer you as a Nielsen employee
In addition to a competitive salary, we offer a varied and demanding area of responsibility as well as an open corporate culture with numerous development opportunities. Above all, our employees appreciate the ability to work independently in a motivated and very friendly team. Social responsibility, open communication and living our values can be found not only on our homepage, but also in everyday work.
Application, additional information or questions
Please apply through submittal of an application letter and CV in English using the link in this job advertisement. If you have any further questions, please contact the recruiter responsible for this role. Mr Madsen email: Jacob.firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we are unable to offer any kind of visa or work-permit sponsorship/assistance for this role.