Europe / United Kingdom / / Offsite
Technology & Engineering
#: 82704-en_US / 82704
Senior C# Developer (UK remote/flexible) – 82704
Technology and Engineering – Great Britain Offsite, Offsite
- Do you have solid C# development skills?
- Are you a problem solver?
- Do you want to help us deliver insightful data ?
Then look no further…
Our insights impact businesses around the world. Join our Developer team to help bring high-quality and up-to-date data to our clients, every day. Our Data Science team is experimenting, testing, and driving major insights that impact both a global network of clients. Excited? Come join us!
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Senior Software Developer will design and implement new features and systems that contribute to the revenue and efficiency of the Nielsen Ad Intelligence business and will be part of a group of senior developers tasked with changing the way software is delivered within Nielsen Ad Intelligence.
- Analyse, design and document software applications
- Construct, test, install and maintain software applications
- Lead other developers in designing and building scalable and thoughtful solutions
- Research, assess and facilitate the adoption of new technologies
- Participate on project team reviews
- Help to establish team and cross team practices that contribute to greater velocity and quality.
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience.
- Expert ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems.
- Advanced knowledge of C# .net Core
- Advanced knowledge of cloud services (AWS preferable)
- Advanced knowledge of Postgres or similar open-source database technologies
- A knowledge of NOSQL database technology
- A knowledge of Scala and Spark.
- Some experience with CICD practices within a AWS environment.
- Expert knowledge of appropriate operating systems and communication interfaces.
- Expert understanding of and the ability to apply software design and testing principles.
- Good interpersonal skills.
TEAM: 8 experienced developers
BENEFITS AND PERKS
We offer a great package and career progression in a culture that encourages inclusion and diversity.
We also all have the tech and tools we need to enable our people to work flexibly, and many of us are working remotely at the moment due to COVID-19.
The career progression path is real and the next step will be Account Manager.
In return for your skills we offer competitive salary up to £55,000 pa and a generous leave package and other benefits including :
- Flexible working/remote working
- Fidelity Pension
- AXA Private Health Insurance
- Life Assurance
- 25 days holidays pa with option to purchase an additional 10 extra days
- Gym membership discounts
- Family friendly policies: Childcare vouchers /Maternity/Paternity/Adoption/Parental leave
- Season ticket loans/Car benefits/ £1000 Cycle to Work scheme
- £1000 refer a friend scheme
- Discounts and savings on shopping and much more…
Nielsen strives for an open, inclusive and tolerant working environment, where all employees are encouraged to grow and be themselves. At Nielsen, we focus on systematically integrating inclusion and accountability into the full employee experience through three focus areas: Talent, Culture and Accountability. We have 9 affinity-base communities (Business Resources Groups – BRG's) that grow an inclusive culture, drive business growth and innovation through diversity and inclusion, increase BRG participation at all levels and enable associates to be themselves, by reaching their full potential.
If this sounds good…click apply..
If you have any questions before applying please contact me firstname.lastname@example.org
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: , , ,