Europe / Netherlands / / Diemen
Client Service & Sales
#: 93241-en_US / 93241
Nielsen Media Research B.V. is part of the worldwide operating Nielsen Company. As a global performance management company and market leader, we provide a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. In the Netherlands Nielsen Media Research B.V. delivers for more than 50 years complete and up-to-date insights in the media and advertising market. Regardless of the medium type we can realize comparability in terms of media pressure on advertiser level as well as on product level. These insights are essential for all parties that are active within this market: publishers, media owner, media- and advertising agencies and advertisers. For more information visit www.nielsen.com
Senior Sales Executive (Media)
In this role, you will be responsible for account management and sales of media data and media insights to the Dutch market of media players such as media owners, media agencies and advertisers. A strong focus will be on digital media. You will be part of a team in which also product development and client services is housed.
As true Business Development Manager, you will:
- Develop a go-to market sales plan, including a structured sales actions schedule, to achieve your revenue goal
- Demonstrate an in-depth understanding of the Nielsen portfolio of products and the interconnectiveness of different solutions with excellent understanding of the value of those products and services for clients
- Build and maintain strong networking and engagement with key players in client
- Be comfortable talking to a wide range of decision influencers. Make sure you expand your network at the client (breadth and depth of relationship).
- Develop a deep knowledge of client’s business and be able to discuss issues from multiple angles.
- Clearly articulate the Nielsen value proposition and engage the client in jointly addressing business priorities
- Assess client needs, manage client expectations and translate needs into data/ project requirements
- Write effective proposals based on client needs and data availability, follow up, negotiate and close deals
- Proactively hunt new business opportunities outside the existing or traditional Nielsen client base
- Liaise with peers in in other countries to share best practices and contribute to business development projects.
- Collaborate with OpsTech and Product Leadership departments to optimize the media database based on client needs
- Demonstrate a strong financial understanding (eg. P&L, EBITDA) and how this relates to business success
- Own and actively contribute to the business plan: financial target/ proposal submission/ revenue on hand/ pipeline
- Identify growth targets for the operation plan and internal revenue plans. Ensures that effective relationships are developed between individuals and teams internally and at client
- Attend external media events to extend your knowledge of the market and to present Nielsen as an active player within the Dutch media industry
Are you a sales-oriented person, passionate about sales, revenue growth, and new business opportunities? Are you a deal closer, comfortable in influencing your clients? Would you like to work in a dynamic environment?
Our candidate will have:
- Bachelor or university degree
- 5+ years’ relevant work experience (within sales, research, media, etc.)
- Proven experience in Sales and Account Management
- B2B sales experience is an asset
- Knowledge of the media industry and media landscape is a must
- Strong negotiator and a deal closer, comfortable in challenging and influencing client at all levels
- Strong relation-building and communication skills
- Ability to create new leads from cold calling and to prioritize client visits based on sales potential
- Excellent communication skills, ability to read other’s styles and adapt behaviour accordingly
- Comfortable working in a digital enabled environment
- Excellent awareness of market conditions and client business environment
- Very good client-facing and communication/presentation skills
- Very good organizational and time management skills
- Excellent consultative selling skills
- Capable of working as part of a team within a fast paced, challenging and demanding environment whilst maintaining high standards
- Fluent in Dutch and English
What are we offering to you?
Nielsen is a fast growing multinational organization where customer services are the priority. We operate in a dynamic market which is reflected in both the organization itself and the people within it. We offer a challenging, international working environment in a strong and pleasant team of colleagues. We have at heart to give the possibility to our employees to build their own work/life balance with flexible working hours. Nielsen employees are also encouraged to pursue growth opportunities and are provided with professional training to enable them to stay at the fore-front of latest marketing trends and forecasting technology.
Within our teams we emphasize the importance of diversity and inclusion because we know they are crucial to our growth, strength and ability to innovate. Being open, personal, connected and useful is woven into Nielsen’s DNA. As part of our culture, our promise to you is that at Nielsen, you can: Be yourself, Make a Difference & Grow With Us.