Europe / Poland / / Warsaw
Technology & Engineering
#: 86386-en_US / 86386
Software Developer – 86386
Technology and Engineering – Poland Warsaw, Masovian Voivodeship
This position is responsible for independently analyzing, developing, testing, and supporting application software.
- Designs, analyzes, and documents software applications across multiple project teams and applications
- Investigates and analyzes verbal and written requests for application software, interpreting application requirements to construct highly complex applications.
- Writes technical documentation for routines and applications, facilitating their maintenance.
- Constructs, tests, installs, and maintains software applications
- Develops highly complex software code, which is maintainable, easy to use, and satisfies application requirements.
- Develops and executes application test plans, analyzes test results, and makes appropriate revisions to ensure the applications function as specified.
- Contributes to the planning for acceptance testing and implementation of new software, performing supporting activities to ensure that customers have the information and assistance they need for a successful implementation.
- Provides support to internal users and support staff
- Investigates application incidents for missing or incorrect functionality.
- Assesses incident resolution and estimates application changes.
- Applies resolutions, leading to timely, error free revisions in applications.
- Performs configuration management tasks
- Ensures application software components are archived in common repositories according to IT standards with appropriate documentation that reflects the progression from development to implementation.
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of science degree in computer science or similar
- 2+ years of software development/engineering experience in Java and other programing languages
- Knowledge of multiple software development languages and proficiency in all related languages
- Knowledge of software design and testing principles
- 3+ years of IT experience
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Warsaw,Masovian Voivodeship
Secondary Locations: , , ,