Europe / Poland / / Warsaw
Technology & Engineering
#: 89483-en_US / 89483
ABOUT THIS JOB
Software engineers strike a balance between precision and disruption, between reliability and innovation. Nielsen is a tech company backed by nearly a century of forward momentum to show the world what’s next—and we couldn’t do it without our engineers.
In Nielsen Media, we are the market leader that drives content ratings across virtually all viewing platforms including local and national TV, streaming, digital advertising, and more. This role is in the Media Platform team, where we heavily leverage open source software and cloud technologies to build a single central platform for managing compute, storage, the Media Data Lake (multi PB), ingestion pipeline, orchestration, data science tooling, and more.
- Develop and enrich our platform by leveraging open source and cloud-native software.
- Learn the internals of open source projects and fork/augment them to better fit our scalability, reliability, functional, and security needs (e.g. Presto/Trino, Airflow, Hive, Jupyter, etc).
- Leverage kubernetes to drive resource efficiency, auto scaling, standardized deployment, and consistency of monitoring.
- Employ proper DevOps practices with a genuine concern for code quality assessment, implicit/automated testing, and frequent, no-downtime deployment.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You have a genuine passion for coding and absolutely love learning new technologies. You don’t just want to blindly use platforms and libraries; instead you have a desire to tear them apart and figure out how they work inside. You love scaling and optimizing and seeing just how far or how fast your projects can go. You see all of the building blocks in the community as legos and want to use them to build innovative new solutions at a faster pace than ever.
- Previous experience as a software developer.
- The training to back your work: a masters degree, bachelor’s degree, or, as we recognize there isn’t one formula for success, equivalent work experience.
- Computer science fundamentals – algorithms and data structures.
- Personal Plusses – contribution to open source projects, active tech blogging, speaking engagements, pet projects.
- Technical Plusses – knowledge of big data systems (e.g. Spark, Presto, HDFS), orchestration (e.g. Airflow), containerization (e.g. docker, kubernetes), databases/SQL.
We’re in tune with what the world is watching, buying, and everything in between. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. We sift through the small stuff and piece together big pictures to provide a comprehensive understanding of what’s happening now and what’s coming next for our clients. Today’s data is tomorrow’s marketplace revelation.
We like to be in the middle of the action. That’s why you can find us at work in over 100 countries. From global industry leaders to small businesses, consumer goods to media companies, we work with them all. We’re bringing in data 24/7 and the possibilities are endless. See what’s next with us at Nielsen:careers.nielsen.com