Effective October 2018
This Privacy Statement covers the collection and use of personal data we obtain in the context of your registration and usage of our Pointlogic software (“Services”). The intellectual property to all Services is owned by Pointlogic, a division of NIELSEN MEDIA RESEARCH B.V. (“We” or “Us”) and a license to use the Services has been granted to our customer (“Customer”). As a user of the Services (“You”), you are subject to the terms and conditions of this Privacy Statement.
About Pointlogic, a Division of Nielsen Media Research B.V.
Pointlogic, a division of NIELSEN MEDIA RESEARCH B.V. is a global market leader in strategic marketing solutions and provides customized decision-support systems to improve marketing effectiveness. Our products are backed by powerful analytical methods, extensive research and (big) data to enhance and enrich our customers’ marketing tools and processes. The combination of software and analytics allows our customers to make more informed strategic and tactical business decisions, ultimately leading to greater ROI from marketing budgets. Our expertise led to Nielsen acquiring us in 2016 to strengthen its data and planning capabilities. For more information, visit www.pointlogic.com
Nielsen Holdings plc (NYSE: NLSN) is a global measurement and data analytics company that provides the most complete and trusted view available of consumers and markets worldwide. Our approach marries proprietary Nielsen data with other data sources to help clients around the world understand what’s happening now, what’s happening next, and how to best act on this knowledge. For more than 90 years Nielsen has provided data and analytics based on scientific rigor and innovation, continually developing new ways to answer the most important questions facing the media, advertising, retail and fast-moving consumer goods industries. An S&P 500 company, Nielsen has operations in over 100 countries, covering more than 90% of the world’s population. Learn more about the Nielsen group of companies. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Data We Collect
In the context of the provision of our Services to our Customer, we mainly process two types of information. First, we collect and process the data you directly provide to us. When you register our software, create an account to login to our software, enter personal information in a web form or send us feedback from a pop up window within our software, we may ask you for personal information like your name, company name, geographical location and/ or email address.
In order to ensure the security of our Services and to continuously improve their quality, we also automatically receive data about your usage of our Services, including: your Internet Protocol (IP) address; data about your device; your geographical location and the date and time of your registration or account creation. Our services also save two types of cookies. ARRAfinnity: This cookie makes sure that the user stays on the particular instance, until the browser is closed. ASP.NET_SessionId: This cookie is automatically generated by asp.net. This cookie is used to identify the user’s session on the server. The session being an area on the server which can be used to store data in between http requests.
How We Use the Data
We may use the data You provide us:
- To verify if You or our Customer (most likely: your employer) are licensed to use our Services
- To register our Services or to create an account to login.
- To send You information about our Services; bug fixes, software updates, changes to our terms, conditions, and policies; and/or other administrative information.
- For our business purposes, such as security, data analysis, audits, quality improvements, contract negotiations, usage reports and identifying usage trends.
In practice, we may collect data in the following ways:
- A pop up window: In a pop-up window, we may ask You to enter and send us personal data in order to verify if You (or our Customer) are licensed to use our Services.
- A web form: In a web form, we may ask You to enter and send us personal data in order to verify if You (or our Customer) are licensed to use our software or in order to create an account based on your personal information. This account will enable You to login to our software.
- Your IP address: Your IP address is a number that your Internet Service Provider (ISP) assigns to the device You are using. Whenever You request an unlock code, our server automatically identifies and logs your IP address, along with the date of the request. We use IP addresses to understand the country or region where our users are located and help diagnose server problems.
- Your browser: Certain data are collected through most browsers, such as your device’s media access control (MAC) address, operating system and version, screen resolution and web browser type and version.
When We Share Your Data
In connection with one or more of the purposes outlined above, we may disclose your data to:
- Other members of the Nielsen group of companies for the purposes described in this Privacy Statement.
- Our Customer for purposes such as user reports and usage reports.
- Other third parties as we believe to be necessary or appropriate: (a) under applicable law; (b) to comply with legal process; (c) to enforce our terms and conditions; (d) to protect our operations or those of any of our affiliates; (e) to protect our rights, privacy, safety, or property, and/or those of our affiliates, you or others; and (f) to allow us to pursue available remedies or limit the damages that we may sustain.
We use reasonable organizational, technical and administrative measures to protect personal data under our control. If you feel that the security of any data that we hold about You has been compromised, please immediately notify us of the problem by contacting us in accordance with the “Contact Us” section.
We will retain your personal data only for those periods necessary to fulfill the various purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement unless a longer retention period is required or allowed by law. Personal data is stored for security purposes for the remainder of the contract between us and Customer. After the contract end date, we store and use the data for business purposes, data analysis, audits, contract negotiations, user reports, usage reports and identifying usage trends.
Exercising Your Legal Rights
If You no longer want your personal data to be stored in our database (“right to erasure”), please contact us. If You would like to review, correct, update, suppress or otherwise limit our use of the personal data that You previously provided to us (“Right to access and/or rectify”), you may contact us. Please note that we will retain your personal data for those periods necessary to fulfill the various purposes outlined in this Privacy Statement.
If You contact us we will make reasonable efforts to identify any data relating to You in order to act on your request.
Note that under the provisions of the European General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) you also have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority.
The information You provide or the data we collect via our software may be stored and processed in any country where our service providers or we operate and/or have facilities. As a result, your personal data may be transferred to countries or regions without data protection or privacy laws similar to those in effect in your home country. In such cases, we will ensure that there are adequate safeguards in place to protect your personal data. For further details about these transfers and the safeguards that we use to facilitate such transfers, contact us.
We ask that You not send us any sensitive personal data (e.g., information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or other beliefs, health, criminal background, trade union membership or government-issued identification numbers). If we do receive any sensitive personal data about You, we will, where necessary and if possible, try to locate this information in our database and delete it if necessary.
If you have any comments or questions regarding this Privacy Statement please contact us. Privacy questions can be submitted by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Updates to This Privacy Statement
We may make changes to this Privacy Statement from time to time. The “Effective Date” legend at the top of this page shows when this Privacy Statement was last revised. Any changes will become effective when we post the revised Privacy Statement on this site. Your use of this site is subject to the terms of the Privacy Statement in effect at the time of your visit.