Asia Pacific / Australia / / Macquarie Park
#: 79826-en_US / 79826
Analyst – 79826
Analytics – Australia Macquarie Park
About The Role
When you see an ad on TV, a sponsored post in your social media newsfeed, a billboard from the highway, or price discount on the shelf, do you ever wonder how the advertiser decided to place those ads, and whether they actually work to drive purchases? If you work at Nielsen, you can help advertisers understand the answers to these very important questions and inform their strategies going forward. Globally industry spends ~$600B on advertising and you can become part of the team on a mission to measure and improve the efficiency of every single dollar of that spend translating into $60B+ in value.
This role belongs to the Marketing Effectiveness Practice which is to identify the optimal path to improve the effectiveness of clients; marketing strategy/activities via advanced analytical solutions.
The mission of this role is to help our clients identify their business opportunities or solve their business issues, by proposing optimal analytical solutions and delivering the analysis with actionable business insights, based on a deep understanding of client needs and robust analytical expertise across varied Nielsen solutions.
Once a project is commissioned, the individual in this role will collaborate with the internal modelling hub on most solutions, translating client needs into detailed analytical requirements for the modelling hub, and drawing/reporting actionable business insights out of the modelling/analytics outcome to meet clients & business needs. Through this, this role will build client satisfaction, leading to sustainable revenue for Nielsen.
- Accountable for leading analysis projects on assigned Marketing Effectiveness solutions and ensure the assigned study deliverables meet client needs with actionable insights in a timely manner, as well as company's quality standards, under a supervision of a manager.
- Analytical mastery of assigned Marketing Effectiveness solutions, and technical mastery by collaborating with internal solution experts/modeling hub.
- Translate client needs into study design and detailed analytical requirements, for a flawless briefing to the modeling hub.
- Gather necessary data for analysis from clients or other internal departments in Nielsen, and review the quality of the data, to feed the modeling hub.
- Guide the modeling hub to ensure timely modeling execution following Nielsen quality standards.
- Interpret modeling outcomes from the hub with actionable business insights to fully meet client needs and company & quality standards.
- Assist in the analysis and report development for clients, including charting.
- Assist in answering inquiries from clients on the analysis of outcomes.
- Support senior members of the team in proposal development, including detailed solution specs finalization, collaborating with internal solution experts, and preparation for proposal presentations.
- Recommend improvements in work processes within the area of responsibility.
Qualifications & Skills
- Bachelor Degree from Numerical background; Statistics, Actuarial Mathematics, Analytics or Market Research
- Min 1 Years of working experience within media data analytics
- Analytical Driven
- Strong Problem-solving capability, sometimes through out-of-box thinking.
- Excellent communication skills can articulate concepts simply and concisely to the point.
- Strong mindset on accountability, results-oriented; one who takes initiatives & follow-through.
- Robust statistical knowledge.
- Strong Excel and PowerPoint skills.
- Ability to convert ideas into powerful visualizations and charts.
About the Team
Globally, Nielsen Media empowers media companies and advertisers to plan, activate and measure their content and related audiences in the new media landscape. Our Client Service and Sales team operate as a link between Production and Clients, covering all post-sales retail measurement services. We are aimed to provide our Clients best in class servicing and on-time data delivery, enhancing their satisfaction with the Nielsen core products.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park