Asia Pacific / Thailand / 92 / Bangkok
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 77841-en_US / 77841
Associate Operation Controller (Finance) – 77841
Finance and Corporate Development – Thailand
You’re curious, open to learning new things, and dedicated to work: for sure you will meet controllership metrics and ensure solid controls are in place and functioning.
As an Operational Controller, you will lead all aspects of local controlling and accounting for Nielsen Media – Thailand.
Coordinate activities between Operational Controlling, Revenue Controlling, and Business Finance. Perform local accounting activities specific to the respective market.
By your proactiveness and commitment, you can achieve balanced coordination of all core and continuous finance activities between the local environment and the Global and Regional organization.
- Manage local controllership function and lead the local Operational Controlling team; provide financial oversight on the local business
- Ensure adequate performance and reporting on the following by leveraging both onshore and offshore resources:
– US-GAAP accounting/closing, accruals, and account reconciliations
– Financial closing and consolidation
– Procure-to-pay functions (invoice & payment processing, T&E, etc)
– Intercompany transactions and reconciliations
- Ensure compliance with all relevant global, regional or local policies, procedures and guidelines
- Drive change locally with regard to standardization and simplification initiatives as governed by the Global or Regional COE core teams or by Finance leadership
- Produce monthly closing dashboard, and quarterly and year-end reporting packs in accordance with corporate requirements for the local market
- Act as the principal custodian of the internal controls and SOX documentation and ensure effective control environment through active coordination with the Group Controller and the Global and Regional COE core teams
- Act as the main point of contact for all local internal audit and compliance review assignments, including any SOX or distributed audits
- Maintain the local statutory accounts and ensure ongoing compliance to local regulation for the local legal entities
- Manage the statutory and tax accounting and audit processes and act as the single point of contact for external auditors and/or tax and statutory authorities or consultants
- Provide leadership locally as a member of the board with signature authority and directorship accountability for all local legal entities
- Measurement (key indicators this role would be responsible for)
- Leadership: Curious, Collaborative, Inclusive, Proactive, Accountable, Committed
- Financial: Global COE and Internal Control metrics, Internal and External Audit observations, Adherence to closing deadlines
- Work with FP&A and Consolidation teams on closing schedule, accounting services, and consolidated accounts
- Work with Group Controller on compliance and governance
- Work with peer group in Operational Controlling on local controlling, accounting and payment activities
- Work with the Revenue Controlling functions primarily on revenue related activities as well during the closing process
- Other transverse functions (facilities, HR, internal audit, etc) for accrual input, etc
- Degree in Finance or Accounting
- Local or international Accounting qualification (CA, ACCA, ACMA, or other)
- Fluency in English and local language mandatory; third regional language preferred
- Experience (preferred or required technical, functional and/or leadership experience)
- Minimum 7 years of relevant professional experience as a finance controller in a medium to a large international company
- External audit or public accounting experience highly preferred
- Experience in a Principle Operating Model (POC) preferred
- Knowledge and experience with local statutory requirements and statutory audits (Local GAAP, statutory financial statements, tax calculations, VAT returns)
- Knowledge and experience with US-GAAP and Sarbanes-Oxley (SOX)
- Experience with ERP systems (preferably SAP)
- IT-PC literate (Google for Work, Microsoft Office)
- Strong communication skills, team player, leadership traits
About the team
Our mission as Nielsen Media’s Finance team is to provide best in class financial services to our internal and external customers. As a member of the finance team, you will not only assess financial performance but will also partner cross-functionally to help grow our business. Our dynamic finance organization offers an array of opportunities with exposure to forecasting, budgeting, reporting, controllership, audit, pricing, treasury, tax, and investor relations.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Bangkok