North America / United States / NY / New York City
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 78896-en_US / 78896
Senior Audit Associate – 78896
Finance and Corporate Development – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen’s Corporate Audit Staff (CAS) is a fast-paced, dynamic, and highly-selective team. CAS serves not only as an independent internal audit function, but also as a leadership development program. CAS provides objective assurance over Nielsen’s reported financials and has reporting accountability to Nielsen’s management team, Audit Committee, and External Audit partner. As Nielsen is a global enterprise, CAS has audit responsibilities over 70+ countries. The team is geographically dispersed, but is tight-knit and mobile. In addition to audit work, CAS engages in projects that support process improvement and critical strategic initiatives.
CAS is not a traditional audit shop. We are looking for an associate who not only has technical auditing experience, but who wants to accelerate thier career and position themselves to become a future Nielsen leader. Being analytical is imperative, but it’s also critical to have a big-picture mindset and understand enterprise-level risks. CAS Associates are enthusiastic and self-motivated; they take initiative and seek out opportunities to create value for the organization. Since interacting with senior leaders is common, having strong communication skills and executive presence is critical.
- Mentor junior audit associates throughout the audit process
- Evaluate the effectiveness of internal controls by performing audits. This includes planning, scoping, hands on field work, and drafting audit reports
- Identify control deficiencies, inconsistencies, and/or incidents of fraud or misconduct
- Present findings/recommendations to senior leaders. Partner with the business to develop remediation plans and support best practice sharing
- Provide independent assurance on business compliance with policy, governance, and internal controls
- Contribute to the development of audit process improvements, including the development of automated routines
- Domestic and international travel is required (30-50%)
- Bachelor's degree in a related area
- 2-3+ years of experience in accounting, finance, auditing, or equivalent
- Strong analytical, audit, investigative, and problem-solving skills
- Outstanding organization to manage multiple workstreams
- Natural interpersonal skills; ability to effectively communicate across all levels of the organization and across various cultures
- Understanding of data analytics/visualization tools: like SAP Business Objects, Tableau, or related
- Solid understanding of governance
- Knowledge of US GAAP and IIA International Standards for the Professional Practice of Internal Auditing
- CPA and/or Certified Internal Auditor designation highly desirable
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,
Travel: Yes, 25% of the Time