Asia Pacific / Australia / / Macquarie Park
#: 88747-en_US / 88747
Content Editor – 88747
Gracenote – Australia
About The Role
Gracenote is the top provider of entertainment information, creating industry-leading databases of TV, movie, and music metadata for entertainment guides, applications, and in-car entertainment.
Gracenote’s Sydney office is the leading supplier of Australian TV and Movie entertainment data. We supply data to leading entertainment platforms and devices such as Foxtel, Telstra, Freeview, Fetch TV, Sky New Zealand, and many more.
We are presently looking for an Enrichment Editor. The Editor will be expected to research, gather and process Australia and New Zealand produced TV series and movies from studios, distributors, websites and related sources in a timely and accurate manner for entry into an internal database. Communication with broadcasters, content providers, and other internal teams will be expected in order to secure all necessary editorial requirements. The successful candidate will work in a relaxed office environment and independently manage the given workload and projects.
- Create, curate, and enhance metadata: both for currently airing TV programs, as well as maintaining a permanent library of TV program data.
- Investigate, confirm and document information for TV and movie assets with a focus on Australian and New Zealand content.
- Consolidate and gap populate data content and new program information in editorial databases.
- Maintain accurate database information ensuring all output conforms to strict broadcast quality standards, editorial policies, and client service level agreements.
- Work to tight deadlines to ensure our clients receive high-quality data
- Passionate about TV and movies and the latest programs. An interest in sports is also essential
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience in Communications or Journalism
- Excellent command over the English language (Australian/UK spelling), experience working to an editorial style guide and impeccable written and verbal skills.
- Experience using content management systems
- Ability to work independently with excellent project and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to adjust to rapidly shifting deadlines while remaining detail-oriented.
About The Team
Our passion for music, TV, movies and sports is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Sydney and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment are celebrated and innovation can come from anyone. If you are interested in being mission-critical and on the leading edge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park