North America / United States / MN / Minneapolis
Technology & Engineering
#: 78861-en_US / 78861
Cyber Security Analyst (Remote!) – 78861
Technology and Engineering – USA Minneapolis, Minnesota
The CSIRT (Cyber Security Incident Response Team) within Nielsen is currently looking for an experienced Cybersecurity Analyst or Specialist to work on triaging, investigating, and responding to internal cyber threats and incidents while helping to improve our overall security capabilities. This role needs to be able to communicate and collaborate professionally with other members of the organization.
THIS ROLE WILL BE REMOTE NOW AND FOREVER!!!
Technologies you may work with include
- Security Incident and Event Management (Splunk ES or similar)
- Network Intrusion Detection Systems
- Endpoint detection and response
- Digital Forensics and Incident Response tools
- Most operating systems (Windows, Linux, MacOS)
- Public cloud/PaaS (e.g. AWS, GCP)
- Virtualization and Containers (VMware, Docker, Kubernetes, or similar)
- Host/network based forensic investigations
- Managing incoming queues of detection alerts, threat reports and security incidents
- Triaging and prioritizing competing incidents to maintain Service Level Agreements (SLA)
- Managing investigations including organizing unstructured work and engaging resources across the company
- Managing urgency and visibility to ensure timely response by all involved parties
- Owning an incident for it’s full lifecycle, including after action reviews and follow up actions
- Communication and coordination with internal teams
- Monthly rotating on-call for after hours/weekend coverage
- Maintain current knowledge of tools and best-practices in advanced persistent threats; tools, techniques, and procedures of attackers; and forensics and incident response
What You Bring To The Team
- Security Incident Response background or related
- Experience or knowledge of current information security solutions and technologies, including network and host based products
- Effective and efficient investigative skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills including a focus on providing continuous, proactive communications to management, peers, and stakeholders while working on incidents
- Ability and willingness to continually learn and hone cybersecurity skills
- Cybersecurity certifications preferred (e.g. CISSP, Sec+, SANS/GIAC)
- BS in Computer Science or relevant work preferred
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Minneapolis,Minnesota
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, MD – Columbia, FL – Tampa – Oldsmar,