North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 78991-en_US / 78991
Cybersecurity Engineer – 78991
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
Nielsen’s Cyber Threat Defense Operations (TDO) team consists of Architects, Engineers and Administrators. Together, this team designs, builds, implements, optimizes and administers enterprise-grade cybersecurity solutions to safeguard Nielsen’s data, systems, networks and associates. The TDO team is currently looking for a Cyber Security Engineer to be responsible for building, deploying and maintaining the technology and processes to support the global Cybersecurity Operations area.
- Responsible for the design, build, configuration and maintenance for internal cybersecurity applications including: SIEM, monitoring/ dashboards, ticketing system integrations, and ETL.
- Provide cybersecurity guidance on the strategy, implementation, and maintenance of technologies including but not limited to: SIEM, SOAR, and UBA.
- Utilize SIEM to ingest, enrich, and tune data that will provide value to the Cybersecurity Incident Response team.
- Discover opportunities and implement automation to drive efficiencies across technologies and processes within cybersecurity engineering, incident response, and threat intelligence.
- Collaborate with stakeholders within the cybersecurity team to develop dashboards, reports, alerts, and tools to meet requirements.
- Collaborate with technology teams to ensure systems and services are appropriately configured for monitoring, alerting, and reporting.
- Report, investigate when appropriate, and recommend corrective actions for cybersecurity incidents.
- Advise incident responders on actions necessary to investigate and resolve cybersecurity incidents.
- Remain current on cybersecurity technology, vulnerabilities, attacks, and countermeasures.
- Review performance, availability, and capacity metrics of internally and externally hosted services and service components to compare with service agreements.
- Troubleshoot escalated cybersecurity endpoint, data, and network problems.
- Plan, implement, manage, monitor, and upgrade cybersecurity measures to protect enterprise data, and infrastructure.
- Minimum 5 years of general IT experience with a variety of operating systems including Windows, Linux or UNIX in a functional capacity.
- Minimum of 3 years of direct experience in a cybersecurity role focused on Security Engineering and Monitoring.
- Understanding of Cloud IaaS/PaaS (AWS, GCP & Azure).
- Scripting experience (Python, Shell, Bash, Java, Ruby, Chef, Puppet, Ansible, etc.)
- Experience with Log Management, Orchestration, Workflow, and Analytic Modules.
- Experience using Atlassian tools (Jira, Confluence) to track work and build documentation.
- In-Depth understanding of Cybersecurity Operations and Incident Response procedures and toolsets used for internal investigations and audit/compliance reviews.
- Experience with cybersecurity requirements for information system design and implementation.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team with minimal supervision.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Must be able to communicate technical details in a clear, concise, understandable manner.
- Experience with endpoint & network cybersecurity technologies.
- Basic understanding of the elements of the System Development Life Cycle.
- Understanding of the nuances of Alerts (IOCs) vs Telemetry vs Enrichment.
- Knowledge of common information security standards, such as: ISO 27001/27002, NIST, CIS, PCI DSS, ITIL, COBIT. Security certification such as SANS/GIAC, CISSP, CEH, or OSCP.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Computer Information Systems or a minimum of 5 years of Cybersecurity experience.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: MI – Southfield, IL – Chicago, Remote,