North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
Technology & Engineering
#: 80042-en_US / 80042
Data Engineer – 80042
Technology and Engineering – USA Tampa, Florida
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company, is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers enrichment and discovery features for top TV, Music, Sports and Automotive platforms. We are presently looking for a Data Engineer to join our Program Names reference team which writes software that collects Reportable Metadata of Broadcast, Cable and VOD Content from various customers, process and provide metadata to internal processing teams for further process and reporting. We are looking for Data Engineer who can find creative solutions to tough problems. As a Data Engineer, you will create and manage our data infrastructure and tools, including collecting, storing, processing and analyzing our data and data systems. You know how to work quickly and accurately, using the best solutions to analyze mass data sets, and you know how to get results. You will also make this data easily accessible across the company and usable in multiple products.
What You Will Be Doing:
- Responsible for analyzing, developing, testing and supporting highly complex application software for consumer and audience viewership measurement and analysis solutions
- Design and develop data applications using selected tools and frameworks as required and requested.
- Read, extract, transform, stage and load data to selected tools and frameworks as required and requested.
- Perform tasks such as writing scripts, web scraping, calling APIs, write SQL queries, etc.
- Work closely with the engineering team to integrate your work into our production systems.
- Process unstructured data into a form suitable for analysis.
- Analyze processed data.
- Support business decisions with ad hoc analysis as needed.
- Monitoring data performance and modifying infrastructure as needed.
What Skills You Will Need:
- Programming experience, ideally in Python, Spark, Scala or Java, and a willingness to learn new programming languages to meet goals and objectives.
- Knowledge of data cleaning, wrangling, visualization and reporting, with an understanding of the best, most efficient use of associated tools and applications to complete these tasks
- 2 + years of recent experience in data engineering.
- Experience processing large amounts of structured and unstructured data, including integrating data from multiple sources.
- Experience in elastic search or any equaling search engines would be an added advantage
- Experience in production support and troubleshooting.
- A willingness to explore new alternatives or options to solve data issues, and utilize a combination of industry best practices, data innovations and your experience to get the job done.
- Experience in DevOps would be plus
- You find satisfaction in a job well done and thrive on solving head-scratching problems.
- Bachelor’s Degree or more in Computer Science or a related field.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Tampa,Florida
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, , ,