North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
#: 78162-en_US / 78162
Data Engineer – 78162
Gracenote – USA Emeryville, California
Gracenote, a Nielsen Media Company is presently looking for an experienced Data Engineer.
Our teams are passionate about building high-quality robust software. We are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about technology, writing code, building cool, customer driven solutions, and who can demonstrate that to us with personal projects or contributions to the open source community (by writing code, participating in discussions, or evangelizing their favorite tools and languages).
FOR THIS ROLE WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Experience coding in : Java, SQL, NoSQL, Kafka, Scala,
- Team experience with Agile methodologies, such as Scrum and test-driven development
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance and reliability
- Built applications using relational databases such as MySQL, Postgres, or SQL Server
- Ability and passion for learning new technology
- DevOps experience deploying and tuning the applications you’ve built
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Docker
- Experience designing and deploy applications in AWS
- Experience with MapForce
ABOUT NIELSEN GLOBAL MEDIA
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California