Latin America / Brazil / / São Paulo
#: 80161-en_US / 80161
Data Ingest Analyst – 12pm-10pm – 80161
Gracenote – Brazil São Paulo, São Paulo
Data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry! Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is the top provider of entertainment information, creating industry-leading databases of TV, movie, and music metadata for entertainment guides, applications, and in car entertainment. Our technology serves billions of requests daily to hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Our customers include innovators like Apple, Comcast, Google, Spotify, Amazon, and Virgin Media, top consumer electronics and cable companies, as well as leading automotive manufacturers such as Ford and Toyota, throughout the US and the world. Simply put, Gracenote data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry.
We are presently looking for a Data Ingest Analyst to be based in our São Paulo office.
- Manage relationships with sources and content partners related to ingestion operations.
- Onboard new sources and content partners to the ingest operations process.
- Investigate difficulties with data ingestion and find applicable solutions.
- Locate differences between source data and ingested data.
- Ensure ingest operations process works smoothly (fix errors, improve parsers) and troubleshoot as needed.
- Issue technical instructions and communicate with developers.
- Understand editorial issues and have the ability to accurately describe and convey the information to engineers and programmers. Also, translate technical details to the Content team.
- Improve quality of data received.
- Identify areas for improvements in the ingest operations process and the Content workflow.
- Communicate market trends, challenges and improvements to the Content team.
- Ad hoc project work.
A little bit about you
- You are very process driven and are able to handle workflows across various systems.
- You are comfortable with technology and programming terminology (you will be issuing instructions to engineers and programmers).
- You feel comfortable talking to people and building relationships. You are professional in how you present yourself and communicate with others.
- Challenges motivate you and you are comfortable taking the lead and making decisions independently.
- You have sharp analytical skills and ability to recognize trends and make value-added recommendations.
- You have a high affinity with computers and strong verbal skills in English.
- You are a reliable team player, always helping when needed.
- You can work with minimal guidance and independently but do equally well in team environment.
- You are curious and not afraid to seek for support or guidance to help you overcome challenges/tasks.
- Studies in Business, Information Systems/Technology, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Fluent in English, both in writing and speaking is mandatory.
- Advanced MS Excel and Power Point skills. Knowledge on macros is a plus.
- Programming knowledge (VBA, XML, etc.) is a plus.
- Project Management (MS Project and workflows creation) experience is a plus.
- Knowledge of TV industry (program schedules and metadata) is a plus.
- Must be organized and quality focused, exhibit strong attention to detail, and possess multi- tasking ability as well as self-motivation.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting, communication and research skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization, and organizational abilities.
- Candidate should be able and willing to work outside regular business hours if required.
Our passion for TV, video and music is at the heart of everything we do. But what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment is celebrated and innovation can come from anyone, not just people with offices and fancy titles. Gracenote has the soul of a small company, with the stability of a global leader. Not to mention, the biggest data, and coolest technology. So, if you are interested in being mission critical and on the leading edge of entertainment technology then please contact us today!
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. Nielsen is proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: São Paulo,São Paulo