Latin America / Argentina / / Buenos Aires
#: 80084-en_US / 80084
Data Ingest Analyst – 80084
Gracenote – Argentina Buenos Aires, Buenos Aires
Data provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry! Gracenote is an information and technology provider powering the world’s top services and companies with leading databases of TV, movie, music and sports metadata. Our customers include innovators like Apple, Google, Spotify, M-GO and Hulu, top consumer electronics and cable companies such as LG, Comcast and DirecTV, as well as leading automotive manufacturers such as Ford and Toyota all over the world. Simply put, we help people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love.
We are presently looking for a Data Ingest Analyst to be based in our Buenos Aires office.
- Manage relationships with sources and content partners related to data ingestion.
- Onboard new sources and content partners to the data ingest process.
- Investigate difficulties with data ingestion and find applicable solutions.
- Locate differences between source data and ingested data.
- Ensure data ingest process works smoothly (fix errors, improve parsers) and troubleshoot as needed.
- Issue technical instructions and communicate with/for developers.
- Understand editorial issues and have the ability to accurately describe and convey the information to engineers and programmers. Also, translate technical details to the Content team.
- Improve quality of data received.
- Identify areas for improvements in the data ingest process and the Content workflow.
- Communicate market trends, challenges and improvements to the Content team.
- Ad hoc project work.
What we expect from you
- You are very process driven and are able to handle workflows across various systems.
- You are comfortable with technology and programming terminology (you will be issuing instructions to engineers and programmers).
- You feel comfortable talking to people and building relationships. You are professional in how you present yourself and communicate with others.
- Challenges motivate you and you are comfortable taking the lead and making decisions independently.
- You have sharp analytical skills and ability to recognize trends and make value-added recommendations.
- You have a high affinity with computers and strong verbal skills in English.
- You are a reliable team player, always helping when needed.
- You can work with minimal guidance and independently, but do equally well in team environment.
Requirements / Skills
- Candidate must be fluent in Spanish and English, both in writing and speaking.
- Studies in Business, Information Systems, Computer Science, related field or equivalent work experience is required.
- Must be organized and quality focused, exhibit strong attention to detail, and possess multi- tasking ability as well as self motivation.
- Effective analytical, troubleshooting, communication and research skills.
- Excellent time management, prioritization and organizational abilities.
- Windows and Excel proficiency and/or experience using other computer software and databases.
- Strong technical understanding of XML is preferable.
- Knowledge of TV industry preferred (program schedules and metadata).
- Candidate should be able and willing to work outside regular business hours if required.
We want to hear from you, send us your updated resume!
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Buenos Aires,Buenos Aires