North America / United States / TX / Dallas
Technology & Engineering
#: 78244-en_US / 78244
Devops Developer (Python/Cloud) – 78244
Technology and Engineering – USA Dallas, Texas
Nielsen's Cloud TechOps group is currently searching for a DevOps Engineer (Mid Level) with 2+ years of experience in the enterprise DevOps environment with a hunger to create beautiful and thorough automation for cloud platforms. Cloud TechOps is responsible for the development and support of over 300 seperate Cloud instances based on AWS, Azure, and GCP for the Nielsen enterprise. If the idea of scaling to a million users brings a smile to your face, we want you. If you automate your personal tasks and hate repetition, we want you.
WHAT YOU’LL BE DOING:
This person will work with a highly skilled and dedicated Cloud Operation team to implement automation solutions using various tools, technologies, and platforms. We work as an agile scrum team with 70% of each FTE focused on long term projects.
These projects span the gamut from improving automation in our data centers & cloud mainly AWS, supporting hundred of AWS accounts used by many application teams across the company by creating tooling for our account factory process which includes developing and implementing security guardrails, develop processes around cloud governance, cloud platforms monitoring and alert processes, develop and implement processes for cost efficiency and savings, develop tooling to identify unutilized cloud services and resource and provide suggestions for right sizing, collaborate with cyber security team to implement ongoing threat detection and vulnerability management tools etc.
The remaining 30% of your time is split between support (20%) and education reinvestment (10%).
The support portion of the role consists of monitoring our JIRA queue. The reinvestment in education takes place every Friday afternoon where the team is free to investigate and research new DevOps technologies.
Above all, we are looking for good problem solvers and critical thinkers who keep an open mind, stay relevant by continually educating themselves, and are passionate about efficiency and good design. If you enjoy learning and applying new things then we want to talk with you.
SKILLS WE NEED YOU TO KNOW:
- AWS, AWS CLI and GUI. 2+ years working hands-on experience
- Expert in key services like: VPC, EC2, S3, Lambda, Transit Gateway, Config, Cloudtrail, Cloudwatch etc. 2+ years working hands on experience
- GitLab 2+ years working hands on experience
- Terraform – explicitly AWS provider 2+ years working hands-on experience
- Docker experience building and guiding architecture.
- Python 2+ years working hands-on experience
- CI/CD experience (gitlab, jenkins preferred) 2+ years working hands-on experience
- Linux experience (Ubuntu preferred).
- Experience with SSO LDAP, OKTA, Active Directory etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. (Google Docs, email, slack etc.)
- Excellent problem-solving skills (outside the box thinking).
- Excellent research skills (finger on the DevOps pulse)
- Training/Teaching/Presentation experience.
SKILLS WE WOULD LOVE FOR YOU TO KNOW:
- Database design
- Continuous security/certification.
- AWS certifications
- Continuous QA.
- Windows configuration management.
- Hashicorp Vault, Packer, Consul
- Other cloud providers ie: Azure, GCE etc.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Dallas,Texas
Secondary Locations: TX – Arlington, TX – Richardson, ,