North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 83041-en_US / 83041
Director, Business Development – 83041
Client Services and Sales – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THIS JOB
Nielsen is looking for a Director, Business Development to join our Digital Audience Measurement team. This talented team focuses on empowering brands and their agencies to connect more directly with customers by combining Nielsen’s world-class Data, Analytics, Media Planning, Marketing Activation, Data Management, and Measurement capabilities. These Nielsen solutions facilitate a deeper understanding of consumers, more effective one-to-one messaging, and superior ROI analysis and campaign optimization.
As part of our team, you will be surrounded by a group of enthusiastic and empowered risk-takers who seek to build connections between consumers and brands through data and more. You will be joining a terrific organization that brings to bear the market’s most powerful proprietary assets in the digital marketing ecosystem. Together we are not only helping the world’s biggest brands make better and faster marketing and media decisions, we are permanently disrupting the landscape of Digital Audience Activation and Measurement.
As Director, Business Development within the Digital Audience Measurement team you will be responsible for selling our suite of data, technology and analytics solutions directly to marketers and / or publishers. We are looking for dynamic sellers who are client focused with a strong background in sales, data driven SaaS solutions and an in-depth knowledge of the digital advertising ecosystem. Bottom line – we are looking for top sellers who can individually source, pitch and close deals. The ideal candidate will also have a demonstrated track record of working successfully with brands and advertisers in the Media, Audio, Digital Publisher, and / or Technology verticals.
- BA/BS degree, MBA preferred but not required.
- 5+ years of successful experience in a revenue-focused Business Development or Sales role within the advertising, data solutions, or marketing services industry.
- Demonstrated record of exceeding individual sales revenue targets.
- Contacts in marketing and / or ad operations roles at F500 companies.
- Knowledge of and / or experience in the Media, Audio, Digital Publisher, and / or Technology verticals.
- Strong knowledge of digital advertising systems and business models.
- Demonstrated ability to create value for clients through problem solving and the application of technology.
- Able to operate comfortably across different client disciplines from Ad Operations, Sales, Technology, Finance and Corporate Strategy.
- Outgoing confident individual who is comfortable presenting to senior executives.
- Proficient in digital marketing, internet / software industries, understanding of web technologies.
- Rockstar MS Office skills – PowerPoint presentations, Excel analysis, etc.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,