Africa and Middle East / Jordan / / Amman
#: 92467-en_US / 92467
Editor – 92467
Gracenote – Jordan Amman, Amman
ABOUT THIS JOB
This role is responsible for our online video metadata, a key part of the Gracenote video data ingestion platform, consuming data from the digital catalogs of media outlets like Netflix, Hulu, Amazon, and iTunes and preparing that data for curation by Gracenote’s editorial teams.
Expect to spend about Create, curate and enhance metadata: both for currently airing TV programs, as well as maintaining a permanent library of TV program data. Proactively research information for TV and Movies assets. Initiate, track and maintain communication with broadcasters, and relevant content providers to achieve results.
- Write English/ Arabic synopsis
- Check text to ensure it is well written and logically structured
- Knowledge of other Arabic dialects is a plus.
- Collaborate with other teams and managers.
- Ability to work independently as well as being a team player
- Good Knowledge in MS office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- 2-3 years of experience is preferable but fresh graduates are welcome
- Candidate must be able to research and enrich/curate metadata for movies and TV shows.
- Candidate must be able to perform factual checks, using standard reference sources.
- Ensure timely delivery of accurate and reliable information.
- Excellent knowledge of Arabic/ English language
- Ability to maintain high-quality work and deliver within deadline
- Excellent translation skills from (English to Arabic)
- Good translation skills from (Arabic to English)
- Excellent research skills
- An eye for detail
- Speed and accuracy
Gracenote provides metadata to the entertainment industry – sports, music, video, TV. You see Gracenote Video data every time you turn on your TV or stream on-demand programming. We’re a data company that works with data you, your friends and your family use every day.
These are the creators of the descriptions used to enrich our content metadata. Editors are wordsmiths; they write and edit movie and tv show descriptions.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action.
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Amman,Amman