Asia Pacific / Australia / / Macquarie Park
#: 86895-en_US / 86895
Editor, Quality Control – 86895
Gracenote – Australia
About The Role
The Quality Control Editor is responsible for sub-editing, proofing, and maintaining Gracenote’s entertainment database and ensuring that it is of the highest quality possible.
The successful candidate will work in a relaxed office environment and independently manage the given workload and projects.
- Subedit and proof program descriptions to ensure they conform to strict broadcast quality standards, editorial policies and client service level agreements
- Maintain and review the internal editorial style guide policies and channel kits
- Run quality checks over TV, movies and program data to ensure all output conforms to strict broadcast quality standards, editorial policies and client service level agreements
- Maintain, edit and populate Gracenote’s database of Australian and New Zealand program data, ensuring it is free from errors
- Work with editors to improve data quality through feedback, coaching, and training as required.
- Work with the Enrichment team to define, create and enrich our data product, keeping ahead of industry and customer trends
- Identify, optimize and implement system or workflow changes
- Candidates with a minimum of 1-2 years experience in a similar role are preferable or Fresh Graduates from the Media, content writing, mass communication is highly encouraged to apply.
- Excellent grasp of the English language, with exceptional spelling and grammatical skills
- Passion for TV and movies and the latest programs
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong work ethic and commitment to high-quality output
- Strong problem-solving skills
- Ability to work independently with excellent project and time management skills
- Strong communication skills, ability to multi-task and remain detail-oriented
- Ability to adjust to rapidly shifting deadlines and priorities
About The Team
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, provides music, video, and sports content along with technologies to the world’s hottest entertainment products and brands. Gracenote is the global standard for music and video recognition which is supported by the largest source of entertainment data. Gracenote features descriptions of more than 200 million tracks, TV listings for 85+ countries, and statistics from 4,500 sport leagues and competitions.
Gracenote’s Sydney office is the leading supplier of Australian TV and Movie entertainment data. We provide data to leading entertainment platforms and devices such as Foxtel, Telstra, Freeview, Fetch TV, Sky New Zealand, and many more.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park