North America / United States / NY / New York City
Marketing & Communications
#: 84904-en_US / 84904
Event Marketing Manager – 84904
Marketing and Communications – USA New York, New York
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS – NIELSEN MEDIA
We aspire to be one diverse, empowered, expert, motivated, passionate and accountable team driving winning outcomes through marketing and communication strategies, programs and initiatives. We are relentlessly focussed on our audiences. This enables us to create compelling brand perception and favorability. We propel product and solution growth and support outsized client, consumer, shareholder and community respect and engagement. We are insights and opportunity driven. We proactively fuel growth through well-honed strategies, creative and thoughtful programs and exceptional execution.
SCOPE OF THIS ROLE
The Event Marketing Manager will be responsible for end-to-end planning and execution of marketing events that enhance our brand value, generate ROI, and support our sales and marketing efforts. Reporting to the Sr. Manager, Corporate Events, this position will leverage superior organization, communication, and project management skills, with enthusiasm and customer service mindset, to plan and execute all assigned events.
- Work closely with Sr. Manager, on the strategic planning and execution of all high-profile events throughout the year.
- Management of various freelancers and vendors
- Create and monitor budgets and analyze actual costs vs ROI
- Project manage events from conception through execution, including:
- Facilitating contracts and invoices.
- Managing event logistics, including virtual and on-site services.
- Working with various teams and departments to ensure all aspects of events are properly branded, staffed, promoted, and executed.
- Preparing and tracking shipments of materials to events; unpack from each event; manage organization of event properties and materials.
- Work cross-functionally and help manage preparation of speaker logistics at events.
- Order and manage inventory of sales collateral and branded giveaways/swag, including tracking usage and projecting future requirements.
- Maintain company-wide marketing event calendar.
- Manage industry and hosted event Google Intranet site.
- Help organize and manage client webinars
- Collect internal and external feedback, summarize for comprehensive post-event evaluations, and provide recommended program changes.
- Assist with tracking of metrics and quantitative results.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You’re an event professional with 4+ years of experience in a corporate environment (research/technology a plus). You’ll need a passion for event management — both live and virtual. You are comfortable with digital and social media, technology solutions and are dedicated to learning, and have a passion for developing the game-changing event strategies of the future. We ask for a passion to learn, strategic ability, and a determination to make the most out of every opportunity. It’s the ideal environment to hone your creative mindset and event management skills, giving you the support you need to drive your future career.
The perfect candidate knows how to create exciting and new events and use knowledge across a variety of digital and in-person platforms, which will make our brand stand out by telling unique stories. In turn, these events will create a measurable ROI.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 4-5 years of experience in the event industry
- Self-starter who takes initiative and demonstrates resourcefulness and critical thinking
- Strong attention to detail and organization ability
- Ability to manage multiple projects at once and adhere to time-sensitive tasks
- Ability to interact with all levels of internal and external management
- Proficient in live and virtual events, aware of current trends, vendors, and best practices for delivering engaging events
- Proficiency with registration and virtual event platforms including Go-to-Webinar and Zoom
- A working knowledge of Salesforce a plus
- Experience working with the Google Suite of software a plus
- A CMP certification a plus
- Ability to lift up to 25lbs
- Ability to travel, work off hours and weekends
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,