Africa and Middle East / South Africa / / Century City
Field Operations & Panel Recruitment
#: 86123-en_US / 86123
Location :Western Cape(Cape Town)
About the Job:
Field Representatives build and maintain relationships with Nielsen Families/Households and educate Panel Members on the proper use of our equipment. Field Representatives install, maintain and troubleshoot proprietary hardware and software in our sample homes to capture audience measurements – TV. Nielsen follows CDC guidelines for COVID. This position is a combination of phone and in field work. Nielsen will provide you with the (PPE) “Personal Protective Equipment” needed to be protected in the Field.
Role Details :
● Establish and maintain long term relationships with assigned Nielsen Families/Households
● Install or Maintain Nielsen measurement equipment in newly assigned or existing Nielsen Families/Households.
● Drive to selected homes within a designated territory.
● Identify problems and troubleshoot data/equipment.
● Ensure collection and transmission equipment is properly installed and configured to transmit necessary audience data.
● Respond to calls from assigned Nielsen Families/Households and ensure equipment is maintained and operating effectively.
● Prioritize, schedule, and complete all work in compliance with established policy and guidelines in assigned territory.
● Accurately collect and report demographics and audience information using Nielsen proprietary software.
● Educate and coach Panel Members on proper operation and usage of Nielsen equipment.
● Negotiate and maintain the cooperation of Panel Members, solicit additional participation in Nielsen samples, such as PC measurement, portable video, and others.
Qualifications & Skills:
● The successful candidate will possess the following qualities: Position requires bending and lifting television sets.
● Ability to work in a non-traditional schedule, including evenings and weekends
● Strong technical skills which may include: previous experience with consumer electronics, Software systems and networking knowledge
● Superior customer service skills and ability to connect with Nielsen Families
● Excellent organizational/time management skills
● Minimum High School Diploma/GED with 2-5 years equivalent work experience
● Computer/Smart phone/Tablet proficiency; ability to use email, spreadsheets, and other applications
● Must have a valid Driver’s License and satisfactory driving record
● Technical diploma, Certificate of Completion, Associate’s degree.
● Bilingual language skills are a plus
About the Team:
Nielsen Media would not function without our Operations teams! We are catalysts for delivery quality, on-time, reliable measurements to clients. Growing our employees through education, skills-building, and experiences, the Operations teams are culture cultivators. Around the globe, we are relentless in our pursuit of superior analytics, technology, process, and support. Main office located in Johannesburg.
About Nielsen Media:
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!