North America / United States / FL / Tampa – Oldsmar
#: 95081-en_US / 95081
Human Resources Specialist – 95081
Human Resources – USA Oldsmar, Florida
The Human Resources Specialist is an integral part of the global PTOC (Product Technology Operations and Content) Talent Strategy team. The HR Specialist provides tactical support for managing and tracking headcount requests, submits requests for organizational and compensation changes and provides general support to the Talent Strategy team that results in improved speed of delivery. The individual will be responsible for identifying opportunities for process improvement and will recommend changes that result in improved quality, scalability and speed. The role interfaces heavily with the Talent Strategy and People teams, as well as outside partners such as Talent Acquisition, Compensation and Data Operations teams.
ROLES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Headcount Management
- Populate the master headcount request workbook with data points such as position numbers, HRBP, position and pay types
- Own the weekly flow of headcount requests from tagging workbook owners for ticket creation to ensuring alignment between approved requests and system approvals
- Gather information & ensure processing for off-cycle headcount requests, such as promotions, location/manager changes, immigration, etc.
- Research and track continuous status requests for org changes, headcount status, and other TS transactions, in addition to troubleshooting and resolving issues and report findings back to TS and managers
- Identify opportunities to improve processes and implement, where applicable
- Talent Strategy Support
- Collaborate with data owners and Operations Specialists, as needed, to implement data change requests
- Ensure organizational transactions are conveyed to People Operations and the People Experience teams on a timely basis for all individual actions that impact their locations – promotions, compensation changes, etc.
- Support critical Talent Strategy initiatives such as Workforce Planning by collecting and organizing data inputs (reports, job descriptions, succession lists, etc. that span the PTOC organization as a whole)
- Support the Talent Strategy team with project execution, as-needed (examples may include creating/sending Google forms for anonymous questions, gathering data centrally for PTOC or enterprise-wide initiatives, recognition nominations, etc.)
- Own, track and report on key initiatives, such as retention, counteroffers, attrition trends, etc.
- Collate and analyze exit interview data for the PTOC org, identify trends in attrition for action by Talent Strategy
- Interface and follow-up with the Compensation Team on compensation related requests
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 2 – 4 years of work experience (including internships)
- SAP and Issuetrak knowledge strongly preferred
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently in a fast paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Strong business acumen and high level of professionalism
- Strong analytical skills
- Organization and time management skills
- Flexibility and the ability to manage multiple ongoing projects/tasks
- Engaging and proactive team player
- Customer service orientation
- Must be proficient with Google Suite
- Demonstrates high degree of integrity and maintains confidentiality
- Needs to be available for majority of US time zones
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Oldsmar,Florida
Secondary Locations: Remote