Africa and Middle East / United Arab Emirates / DU / Dubai
#: 81921-en_US / 81921
ABOUT THE ROLE
For our International Legal Team, we are looking for a Legal Counsel, based in Dubai to work for us on a 12-month contract, whose primary focus will be on general commercial law.
As Legal Counsel you will join one of the world’s leading media measurement organizations and work on product, client and vendor agreements relating to data, technology and custom analytics services. You will support the Nielsen business across AME and Asia. Whilst this role will initially be work from home/remote, candidates ideally need to be located in commutable distance from
The preferred candidate is a creative problem solver who thrives in a dynamic and versatile environment with frequently shifting tasks and responsibilities. The Legal Counsel will work in a collaborative culture and will be asked to support the Nielsen Legal team and Nielsen business on a broad range of matters.
- Provide clear, practical and business-oriented legal advice to internal business teams.
- Advise on and draft client and vendor agreements for Nielsen.
- Update and manage contract templates.
- Work collaboratively with colleagues in legal and other central support functions (including privacy and finance).
- Manage external lawyer relationships.
- Attend meetings and calls with clients/vendors.
- University level qualification in Law (or equivalent).
- Sound experience in a law firm and/or as in-house legal counsel.
- Familiar with working in an international environment.
- Highly proficient in business English and Arabic (speaking and writing).
- Strong knowledge of general contract law and data privacy legislation.
- Highly motivated, pro-active and business oriented problem solver.
- Team player who works well with other lawyers and commercial teams.
- Good negotiation skills.
- Confidence in dealing with all levels of the organisation, including commercial management.
ABOUT THE TEAM
The Nielsen Legal Team supports the company globally, protecting Nielsen’s business, products, intellectual property and reputation. The team places a focus on developing excellence and agility as we minimize risk and move the business forward. The team comprises attorneys, paralegals and legal assistants. Whether we’re solving a problem or averting a crisis, we are focused on creating the best environment possible to advance Nielsen’s reputation, preserve business opportunities, and help business to flourish.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!