North America / United States / NY / New York City
Client Service & Sales
#: 82221-en_US / 82221
Commercial Client Analyst – 82221
Client Services and Sales – USA New York, New York
ABOUT THE ROLE
A Jack of all trades, the Commercial Client Analyst will offer strategic direction for Nielsen’s digital suite of product by aligning with supporting internal cross-functional teams and our partners to identify customer needs and understand market trends. Working with various stakeholders, this role will identify market needs and effectively facilitate the prioritization and execution of revenue driving and innovative product initiatives. This role also includes aspects of business development/sales, product management, marketing, and commercialization to ensure success of Nielsen’s digital products.
In addition to product thought leadership and strategy, candidate must have analytical aptitude and commercial experience/expertise. Candidate must also have a deep understanding of the AdTech/MarTech ecosystem, ideally with experience in CTV products. They should be able to understand technical product features and functionality, all marketing use cases supported by these products, and the competitive landscape.
- Operate as strategy lead between front operations (sales/CS) and back operations (product, marketing, tech, legal, etc.)
- Support commercial team with driving revenue across new/existing business
- Conduct sales operation analytics to keep a pulse on business performance.
- Find the right balance of executing on immediate revenue opportunities, in support of market requests, and new product innovation
- Participate as a subject matter expert in high-level client and partner presentations/communications
- Serve as thought leader and SME support for Nielsen’s digital products
- Work with Product Marketing to align on market messaging, marketing initiatives, pricing models and product success plan
- Work closely with product and execute on new products and features, create documentation, and ensure success through testing and deployment
- BA/BS degree, with 2-4 years in the advertising and/or marketing technology industry.
- Strong technical experience working hands-on with data management, customer data enrichment, or customer data platforms.
- Experience working directly with advertisers or agencies in solving data-driven marketing problems with data, technology, and/or analytics.
- Curiosity about the media industry, with a willingness to explore new ideas in media technology.
- Strong knowledge of digital advertising systems and business models.
- Demonstrated ability to create value for clients through problem-solving and the application of technology
- Ability to operate comfortably across different client disciplines – e.g. Marketing, Media, IT, Research, etc.
- Confidence and comfort while presenting to senior executives.
- Domestic travel required (10-30%).
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: IL – Chicago, CA – San Francisco, Remote,
Travel: Yes, 20% of the Time