North America / United States / NY / New York City
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 91263-en_US / 91263
Manager of Financial Planning and Analysis – 91263
Finance and Corporate Development – USA New York, New York
The Financial Planning and Analysis Manager is a member of Nielsen’s Core FP&A team. This is a fast paced, high performing team that executes financial planning and analysis for Nielsen’s Global Commercial Organization. The FP&A Manager will have responsibility for expense management and reporting for the US Sales and Marketing organizations. Strong financial acumen including experience with forecasting, budgeting, and variance analysis is a requirement.
- Play a key role in the financial planning cycle, including monthly/quarterly forecasting, variance analyses against operating plan, trending analyses and walks vs. prior year
- Lead the compensation planning & forecasting process, including reporting, analyses and strategic discussions with Talent Strategists to manage expense budgets
- Ensure data in expense dashboards and the planning tool is maintained accurately on a weekly basis and review results with senior Sales Leaders on a monthly basis
- Support the month close process through reconciliation of actuals vs. forecast, creation of required journal entries and ensuring proper expense classifications
- Partner with the VP of SIP (Sales Incentive Plan) to maintain forecast models, reporting and analyses for Global SIP expenses
- Support the FP&A Director in the annual planning process, including maintenance of templates, consolidation and building the plan at the account/cost center level
- Drive operational improvements and implement best practices around forecasting, budgeting and management reporting
- Prepare ad-hoc analyses as needed to support and influence senior leadership
- A Bachelor’s degree in Business, Finance, Accounting, Economics or a related field
- 5 years’ experience in FP&A, expense management, finance business partner or related role
- Must have a strong work ethic, self-motivated work style and a good attention to detail and enjoy a dynamic environment with new challenges and changing work priorities
- Individual contributor and team player with great communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to manage projects and initiatives independently with minimal oversight
- Strong organizational skills, close attention to detail and ability to meet deadlines
- Proficiency in Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google and ability to learn SAP, TM1 and HFM financial systems (previous experience is a plus)
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote