North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 88814-en_US / 88814
Nielsen Sports Front End Engineer – 88814
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
Nielsen Sports is the premier provider of analytics and insights within the growing sports industry, offering the most reliable source of independent and holistic market data in the industry and the most complete view of consumer trends and habits worldwide. Combining solutions from sponsorship effectiveness to fan data capabilities with Nielsen’s understanding of consumer behavior and media consumption means Nielsen Sports is uniquely positioned to help businesses maximize their commercial success.
In this role, you are responsible for the development of internal and external front end interfaces across the Nielsen Sports product line. The role requires you to design and develop a common front-end framework and drive integration across multiple products with different tech stacks. This will require working with UX designers as well as backend engineers to create the best customer experience.
- Drive and maintain front end interfaces for the Nielsen Sports product line
- Work closely with UX designers to drive common experiences
- Work closely with backend engineers to ensure great customer experiences
- Build high-quality mockups and prototypes
- Quickly build new ideas to get user feedback
- Collaborate with peers on technical design, work estimation and implementation of new UI features including visualization aspects and server interfaces/contracts
- 2+ years in Front End Development
- Knowledge of REST and web-based applications
- Familiar with Agile development process
- Working experience with version control tools – Git, Bitbucket
- 2+ years cross-functional experience
- Nice to have: knowledge in Java, Node.js, Python, PHP, C#, MySQL
- Passion for creating the best user experience for the customer
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,