Africa and Middle East / South Africa / / Johannesburg
Field Operations & Panel Recruitment
#: 85581-en_US / 85581
About the Role:
Accuracy is the name of the game, and we’ve got the data to prove it. If precision and quality are important to you, you’ll fit right in as a Panel Clerk at Nielsen. The purpose of a TAMS (TV Audience Measurement) Panel Clerk is to maintain and improve overall cooperation and quality of data gathered from Nielsen TAMS panelists. Duties entails outbound and inbound calls to and from TV Panelist households, reviewing performance data, fostering positive relations, coaching panelists on the proper usage of proprietary equipment and resolving queries.
- Practice exceptional customer service and telephone etiquette/techniques.
- Adhere to standard operating procedures related to quality control, call attempts and database integrity.
- Answer calls from panelists promptly and professionally, including responding to messages/”Please call me” from the SMS and Toll-free line.
- Meet data capturing performance standards that are measured.
- Share the workload of team members that are absent or on leave.
- Complete and close Work orders by the specified due date.
- Perform/Conduct any other surveys or projects that are commissioned by the client or internal stakeholders on the TV panel.
- Work hand-in-hand with Field technicians assisting each other in maximising the number of households producing good viewing data daily.
- Attempt resolving issues telephonically in cases where the panelist experiences technical problems.
- Come up with ideas and plans to improve data quality.
Qualifications & Skills:
- Min Educational Qualification – Grade 12
- Must be fluent in Afrikaans (speak, write, read) plus at least on other vernacular language (read, write, speak).
- Prior working experience in a call centre or sales/education/customer service environment will be an advantage.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills, and ability to meet deadlines
- Capable of working evenings and at least one Saturday every second week.
- Able to work under pressure
- Attention to detail essential
- Accurate data entry skills
- Problem solving, and performance analysis abilities
- Strong customer service and human relations skills
- Candidates must be Computer literate and must be proficient in Excel, Google sheets, Google Docs.
About the Team:
Global Nielsen Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. At the core of our data is our Field & Call Center associates, who connect and build personal relationships with consumers to collect data on TV, Radio, and Digital Device consumption.
About Nielsen Media:
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!