North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
#: 79326-en_US / 79326
Product Analyst – 79326
Gracenote – USA Emeryville, California
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Gracenote is an entertainment data and technology provider powering the world’s top music services, automakers, cable and satellite operators, and consumer electronics companies. At its core, Gracenote helps people find, discover and connect with the entertainment they love. Daily, Gracenote processes 35 billion rows of data and is quickly becoming a world-leader in return path “big data.” Over the past 3 years, the company has grown to more than 2000 employees in 17 countries, including over 600 of the world’s top engineers with a passion for music, video, sports, and entertainment technology. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
Our team seeks someone passionate about data to join us as a Product Analyst. Product Analysts know our data inside and out and leverage this knowledge and tools to improve product performance, quality and end consumer experience. The ideal candidate is proactive to identify product issues, analytical to identify patterns, data driven to drive decisions and will work closely with Product Managers, Content, and Engineering.
- Develop deeper product understanding and be proactive to identify product quality and performance issues. Collect and analyze data to draw insight and identify solutions for our radio and music product offerings
- Conduct business performance analysis across products and features
- Drive product performance and quality metrics, analyzing Gracenote’s datasets against the client/customer experience
- Continuous learning from on-going QC and results to improve upon product KPIs
- Develop tools to present dashboards and findings around usage, performance, and stability to varying audiences/stakeholders to support product decisions and roadmap
- Manage ad hoc reports and quantitative analysis to iron out bugs and issues with engineering
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders to gather data requirements and oversee process implementation
- 3+ years post-collegiate work experience in a quantitative/data analytics field or equivalent educational experience focused on data analysis
- Ability to synthesize complex datasets into simple and compelling information
- Highly motivated, proactive and able to solve diverse problems efficiently
- Proven history of decision making and cross-functional influence through data insights
- Fluent in SQL and Python
- Prior experience with AWS, SQL data systems, and no-SQL architecture preferred, Experience with AWS Quicksight a plus
- Experience with building and presenting dashboards and reports to stakeholders
- Prior experience in driving product KPIs and processes is beneficial
- Education: Computer Science/Math/Stats with focus on data analytics is a plus
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: , , ,