North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 88381-en_US / 88381
Product Counsel (Contract) – 88381
Legal – USA New York, New York
At Nielsen, we are rapidly innovating to continue to be the definitive source of independent measurement and unlock the full potential of media and advertising. To that end, we seek a talented, enthusiastic and business-oriented lawyer to provide support to our product and technology teams on a temporary contract basis. The role offers the opportunity to be part of an energetic and well-regarded legal team and to make a real impact on the media industry at an exciting and transformative time.
- Draft, review, negotiate and manage commercial contracts, including license agreements, master services agreements, statements of work, technology and professional services agreements, and data licenses;
- Draft and manage the licensing of proprietary technology to clients (e.g., SDKs);
- Provide practical and business-oriented legal advice to internal business teams, providing information on legal issues and contexts, company policies and procedures;
- Provide legal support for product development, using an ability to interpret and translate technical concepts to provide opinions on legal risk.
A Little Bit About You
The ideal attorney is an entrepreneurial and creative problem solver who thrives in a dynamic and versatile environment with frequently shifting priorities. You have an intellectual curiosity about the industry and a dedication to business objectives. You work well independently, handling discrete assignments, without requiring supervision while prioritizing teamwork in a collaborative and supportive culture.
- 3 – 7 years of experience including experience at a law firm and/or in-house;
- Experience negotiating commercial contracts regarding software, technology, and data;
- Strong intellectual property expertise and knowledge of privacy principles.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Temporary
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,