North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 89881-en_US / 89881
Product Manager – 89881
Product Leadership – USA New York, New York
Nielsen is looking for a Product Manager in its Audience Measurement organization to drive product development for its Total Ad Ratings (TAR) and emerging Nielsen One Ads measurement offerings. The TAR product provides standardized, de-duplicated measurement of ads across TV and digital to help clients optimize their ad inventory across various platforms and publishers, and to understand how they are reaching their target demographics.
Nielsen One Ads measurement will be an evolution of Nielsen’s current ad measurement offerings inclusive of Digital Ad Rating (DAR), Total Ad Ratings (TAR), and others. This effort marks a major advancement in Nielsen’s Cross Media Ads reporting and a shift from the reporting of traditional currency metrics in the television space.
Nielsen is looking for a candidate who can support end-to-end product development efforts. As a Product Manager you will work closely with clients and Nielsen sales teams to understand client priorities and help translate these needs into a prioritized roadmap for both TAR and Nielsen One Ads. Concurrently, you will partner daily with cross-functional technology, user interface, operations, data science, marketing, communications and related product teams to drive the end-to-end development of these roadmap items into fully realized product functionality. You can expect exposure and involvement throughout the whole development life cycle including client use case gathering, high-level design, testing, user experience, external marketing efforts and others.
- Serve as an informed, definitive voice on product functionality and roadmap in order to represent the product vision externally and accurately gather and respond to client feedback
- Act as a trusted product partner in the development lifecycle and serve as a resource and decision maker as cross-functional teams look for product guidance in their respective owned areas
- Maintain a “full-picture” view of the many competing technical, client, industry and resourcing considerations related to TAR and Nielsen One Ads in order to make optimal short-term decisions stacked against long-term objectives
- Take action in support of overall product health including quality and robustness of data and maintaining positive client regard for owned products
- Draft scope documents for new product features based on gathered client feedback and prioritize on product backlog
- Actively participate in the facilitation of Nielsen One Ads product discovery sessions and committee meetings with clients and own associated follow-ups
- Meet frequently with team’s Technical Product Manager and, as needed, relevant owners of technology, operations and other related areas to ensure that features in the active development phase are being designed according to product vision
- Serve as the initial point of contact for product functionality and data inquiries from clients requiring product input
- Client-facing experience with the ability to successfully interface with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to understand the implications of nuanced system and technology concepts and apply this understanding to make effective product decisions
- Ability to follow detailed process and technology conversations and appropriately summarize this information at a level of detail that is meaningful to internal and client stakeholders
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple competing priorities and their accompanying details to deliver on larger team goals
- Ability to own decision making when presented with ambiguity and quickly identify and distill necessary information to select a successful course of action
- Strong interpersonal and analytical skills
- Comfort with large datasets and quantitative analysis
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time professional experience
- Minimum of 1 year of full-time experience in product management or related role (product owner, technical product manager, custom analytics, etc.)
- Familiarity with Total Ad Ratings, NPOWER, NNTV, Digital Ad Ratings or other Nielsen audience measurement data
- Media measurement, TV network, ad agency, digital publisher or other media experience
- Experience with Agile and iterative product development
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, Remote, ,