North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
Technology & Engineering
#: 77342-en_US / 77342
Product Manager (Gracenote) – 77342
Technology and Engineering – USA Emeryville, California
Gracenote, a division of Nielsen, is the top provider of entertainment information, creating industry-leading databases of TV, movie, and music metadata for entertainment guides, applications and in car entertainment. Our technology serves billions of requests daily to hundreds of millions of devices around the world. Our customers include innovators like Amazon, Twitter, Google, Comcast, Roku, Samsung, and other top consumer electronics and cable companies throughout the world. Simply put, working with Gracenote provides you with an opportunity to impact the evolution of the entire entertainment industry.
We are presently looking for a Product Manager
Do you like to explore data? Do you like entertainment? Would you like to help us build the next generation of video discovery?
We are building a team of entertainment information experts and data analysts who will support our video products and services. You will help build the next generation of discovery products for streaming content. Help someone in Germany discover they love Korean Soap Operas, or a student in Mumbai binge watch Stranger Things instead of studying.
Our team seeks someone passionate about data and video to join us as a Product Manager. Product Managers help to drive the business and technical strategy for our product lines. You’ll work closely with the Sales, Content, and Engineering teams to develop and create new data products critical for shaping the video discovery market. The role will also focus on the data delivery for our Video Products.
- Create new metadata solutions that help our clients be successful in the streaming market
- Meld business problems and market knowledge to define a clear product vision for your products that align with the overall business and product strategy
- Work closely with clients to understand their use cases and seek new opportunities to drive product growth
- As the product owner, partner with internal engineering teams and stakeholders to prioritize and deliver a compelling roadmap that fulfills the product vision
- Be the data set Subject Matter Expert for your products
- Help define the XML/JSON delivery schemas that allow clients to effortlessly integrate our metadata products into their services
- 3+ years of Product Management experience
- Passion for connecting TV and movies fans and viewers to new and interesting content
- Ability to balance a strong bias towards helping our clients surprise and delight their subscribers with building long-term sustainable product value
- Curiosity for data and APIs, with a passion for rolling up your sleeves and digging into the details of data when needed
- Comfortable navigating REST APIs (XML, JSON)
- Familiarity with SQL for various databases including: Postgres, MySql
- Experience with at least one programming language is a plus
- Experience working in a distributed Agile/Scrum work environment as a Product
- Manager: writing user stories, working with engineering on acceptance, and execution against plan
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with API development experience preferred
- Bachelor’s degree or higher. Computer Science/Engineering major is preferable
- Experience in OTT, TV broadcast, or supporting customers who develop products for digital content consumption
- Fluency/familiarity with languages other than English
- BA/BS in Computer Science, Mathematics, or a similar field
- Knowledge about the global video market
Our passion for video, sports, music and entertainment, is at the heart of everything we do. But, what really makes us tick is our people. From Emeryville to Tokyo and Queensbury to Amsterdam, we are building the team that’s going to disrupt the digital universe. This starts by creating a workplace where all things entertainment is celebrated and innovation can come from anyone, not just people with offices and fancy titles. If you are interested in being on the leadingedge of global entertainment technology then please contact us today!
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: CA – San Francisco, NY- Queensbury, ,