North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 87868-en_US / 87868
Product Manager (Remote) – 87868
Product Leadership – USA New York, New York
Nielsen is looking for a Product Manager in its Media Product organization to drive product development & technical initiatives under the Audience Measurement portfolio. Digital Ad Ratings (DAR) provides a comprehensive, daily view of an ad’s audience across computer, mobile, and connected TV living room devices. DAR helps clients optimize their ad inventory across various publishers and understand how they are reaching their target demographics.
Nielsen is looking for a candidate who can drive the product enhancements for Digital Ad Ratings by creating and executing against the product roadmap. A Product Manager is expected to partner with cross-functional teams to drive initiatives related to new product development. As a Product Manager, you will work to understand the needs of our clients and use this perspective to drive priorities across Product, Technology, Data Science, and Operations.
Specific Responsibilities Include:
- Organize and facilitate planning across Product, Technology, Data Science, and Operations teams
- Maintain a roadmap for your scrum team, which encompases all work (business, technical/operational, and methodological needs) and prioritize accordingly
- Drive requirements gathering & backlog grooming for all roadmap items to ensure requirements are understood by the team and work is planned in advance
- Lead the execution of work within the scrum team and facilitate agile ceremonies (Standups, Sprint Planning, Sprint Demos, Backlog Grooming, Retrospectives)
- Ensure adherence to release governance practices and the required audit documentation
- Build alignment on scope across all stakeholders throughout the lifecycle of product development
- Exhibit expertise in your product domain (understanding the systems involved, the technical component flow, specific aspects of the methodology, etc.)
- Communicate the overall status of initiatives and escalation of issues to senior leadership
- 1-3 years Product Management experience
- Experience in Agile/Scrum development practices is required
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science related field preferred (Computer Science, Computer and Information Technology, Systems Analysis & Design, Management Information Systems, Information Sciences and Technology, IT Management, Management Information Systems, Business Information Technology, Decision Support Systems)
- A bias for change and the ability to influence a team toward a culture of quality
- Strong communication, persuasion, interpersonal, and presentation skills
- Ability to effectively manage multiple competing initiatives
- Ability to listen and quickly distill information to recommend a course of action in driving project deliverables or client escalations
- Client-facing experience with the ability to translate between internal and external client needs
- Digital Media, in particular, Advertising industry experience is a plus
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, IL – Chicago, Remote,