North America / United States / NY / New York City
#: 81443-en_US / 81443
Product Manager – Remote – 81443
Product Leadership – USA New York, New York
The Product Manager role at Gracenote, a Nielsen Company holds ultimate responsibility for a specific set of core data, “dataset owner”, including defining collection and delivery of data in our products. The PM works with Customer Experience and Sales to drive where and how the dataset they oversee is delivered in our various products and platforms. The product manager works with a cross-functional team delivering solutions that solve challenging problems experienced by our customers and in the media industry.
In this role the PM leads initiatives, collaborating with several groups within the constraints of our business, to deliver enhanced features and new products. Delivering solid solutions involve collaboration with marketing, sales, enrichment, customer experience, finance, legal, and engineering.
This position, as with the other roles on the product team, is an individual contributor role. The data PM successfully aligns colleagues, stakeholders, key executives, and the product team on the vision and strategy for their data, to drive the solutions via end-to-end ownership.
- Ownership of Gracenote’s core video metadata that powers the TV entertainment solutions for the top cable, OTT, CE and digital clients worldwide used by hundreds of millions of consumers.
- Work closely with clients and partners to understand their vision for the next generation of TV entertainment and the metadata needed to support it. Meld that into a clear product vision and roadmap that delivers this world-class metadata.
- As the product manager, partner with internal engineering teams, external partners and internal stakeholders to prioritize and deliver your compelling roadmap that fulfills the product vision.
- Become the video metadata subject matter expert for Pay-TV operators and smart device manufacturer clients.
- Track industry trends, standards organizations activity and the competitive landscape.
- Bachelor's degree with a technical focus or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years working on technology-powered products as a product manager, product designer, engineer, data analyst, data scientist, or user researcher.
- Ability to work with cross-functional teams – engineering, finance, sales, marketing.
- Proven ability to engage with engineers, designers, and company leaders in a constructive and collaborative relationship.
- Experience managing projects.
- Demonstrated ability to deliver solutions to problems with many constraints.
- Ability to document solutions in a well-structured, data-informed, written narrative.
- Experience working in an Agile/Scrum work environment as a Product Owner: writing user stories, and following the development process through user story acceptance.
- Comfortable with XML, JSON, SQL, and APIs.
- Strong passion for Television and Movie content, sports, metadata, and user experiences on entertainment platforms.
- Experience in OTT, TV broadcast, or supporting customers who develop products for digital content consumption.
- Development experience with Gracenote or other structured entertainment databases.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: Remote, CA – Emeryville, NY- Queensbury,