North America / United States / NY / Offsite
Marketing & Communications
#: 92704-en_US / 92704
Product Marketing, Sr. Manager – 92704
Marketing and Communications – USA Offsite, Offsite
MARKETING & COMMUNICATIONS – NIELSEN MEDIA
We aspire to be one diverse, empowered, expert, motivated, passionate and accountable team driving
winning outcomes through marketing and communication strategies, programs and initiatives. We are
relentlessly focused on our audiences. This enables us to create compelling brand perception and
favorability. We propel product and solution growth and support outsized client, consumer, shareholder
and community respect and engagement. We are insights and opportunity driven. We proactively fuel
growth through well-honed strategies, creative and thoughtful programs and exceptional execution.
ABOUT THIS JOB
At Nielsen we’re committed to connecting our clients to the behaviors and experience of the Audience and we provide an indispensable, data-driven perspective that allows markets to function and evolve. As Nielsen embraces a “ONE” mindset to modernize our panels, platforms and products to create a single, cross-media currency, our Product Marketers play a critical role to work across functions to create compelling positioning and bulletproof go-to-market strategies, accelerating revenue growth across the organization.
Nielsen ONE will support an entire media ecosystem that spans from planning and activation to optimization. This role is dedicated to Nielsen’s planning solution suite positioned at the center of Nielsen audience and outcome datasets with the unique ability to forecast future audience reach, strategic KPIs and sales outcomes. This solution suite empowers advertisers, publishers and agencies with the intelligence they need to create sound media investments and build that ultimately drive revenue, increase market share, and optimize their audiences. Nielsen’s planning solutions span the globe and deliver unparalleled insights.
- Collaborate across Product Leadership and Client Service to develop and drive go-to market strategies – including targeting, segmentation, product positioning, value propositions, marketing channels and budgets – across the customer journey to convert, grow, and retain our client base
- Develop and execute upon strategic quarterly marketing plans for sustained product growth
- Construct narratives that map to the broader corporate strategy with clear value propositions and differentiation to our competitors to position Nielsen as the market leader
- Collaborate with cross functional team to translate business strategies into marketing and communications strategies to be used in press releases, scripts, talking points and award submissions
- Work with Product Leadership, Client Service and Communications teams to develop education plans and ultimately create content to educate internal commercial teams & our clients using internal and external talking points & related-FAQs, webinars, email notifications, etc.
- Develop compelling and creative marketing and sales enablement collateral, including sales one sheets, executive presentations and product pages for Nielsen.com
- Partner with the Growth Marketing & Events/Industry partnerships team to support our position as an industry expert in media planning, execute email marketing campaigns to cross-sell product suites and drive growth, write scripts for major industry events, etc.
- Work in partnership with Measurement and Outcomes Product Marketing to align Planning initiatives with Nielsen One and Outcomes initiatives
- Participate in client discovery and feedback sessions with Commercial and Product teams to represent the voice of the customer for marketing content and product priorities
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You are someone with a “roll-up-your-sleeves and get-it-done” attitude who thrives in a dynamic environment and produces results. Equal parts analytical and creative, you have a talent for understanding and synthesizing complex information to tell a compelling story to your audience. You are curious, an avid listener, and a rapid iterator, asking the right questions and incorporating new information and feedback into your strategy and content. You are comfortable always negotiating the balance of the “right now” of sales teams and the vision of product teams. A data enthusiast, you know that numbers don’t lie, so you build and track critical metrics to inform your next move.
- 5-7 years experience in Product Marketing or Marketing
- Bachelor’s degree
- Extremely strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Must be a self-starter and thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Strong leadership, communication, influencing and proven management skills
- Ability to work collaboratively across many teams to achieve a common goal
- Organization skills, able to create, prioritize & maintain marketing plans
- Develop and maintain strategic relationships with cross-functional business partners
- Be a goal-oriented team player with a positive attitude and a knack for getting things done efficiently
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Offsite,Offsite
Secondary Locations: , , ,