North America / United States / CT / Wilton
Finance & Corporate Development
#: 87461-en_US / 87461
Senior Associate- International Tax Reporting – 87461
Finance and Corporate Development – USA Wilton, Connecticut
The Senior Associate- International Tax Reporting will report to the Director of US Tax, as a member of the global tax reporting and compliance team. This associate will support the federal and state tax compliance co-sourcing and SEC reporting for over 40 US entities.
- Coordinate and assist in preparation of the annual consolidated federal income tax return, state income and franchise tax returns including responding to information requests from external accounting firm and gathering various data to support return preparation
- Prepare, distribute and collect tax compliance tax packages
- Retrieve and analyze data details out of SAP and EPM for tax calculations
- Prepare and maintain all current and deferred tax work papers for annual state and local income tax returns
- Assist with and prepare Forms 1042, W-9, w-8BEN, Form 990, FBAR, FATCA
- Prepare federal, state and local estimated income tax calculations
- Maintain and update fixed assets and intangible tax depreciation and generate various tax depreciation and tax amortization needed for other uses
- Compile data for calculations of quarterly state apportionment factors
- Prepare routine tax entries for accounting
- Prepare, organize and maintain tax returns and tax provision records and supporting documentation
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
With your collaborative efforts and subject matter expertise, you will work with a high performing team that strives to deliver value to Nielsen’s shareholders. You are able to manage tight deadlines and enjoy working with teammates and colleagues from various backgrounds and cultures.
- Minimum 4 years tax experience with a large multinational company or public accounting firm
- Experience with the preparation of federal and state corporate income tax returns
- Advanced knowledge of Excel and Google sheets required
- Knowledge of Hyperion Financial Management & SAP software a plus
- Advanced degree in Accounting or Tax; MBA or MST highly preferred
- CPA a plus
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Wilton,Connecticut
Secondary Locations: Remote, , ,