North America / United States / TX / Dallas
Field Operations & Panel Recruitment
#: 88581-en_US / 88581
Business Data Reporting Analyst – 88581
Field Operations and Panel Recruitment – USA Dallas, Texas
The Sr. Data Reporting Analyst is part of the Analytics team within the US Media Operations Transformation organization. This role specializes in collecting data, organizing that data, and then analyzing the data so that they can accurately report their findings so that other departments can make informed decisions.
This role performs various functions, which primarily involves collaborating with stakeholders and subject matter experts, providing analytic and technical skills necessary to innovate, build, and maintain well-managed data solutions and capabilities to address business problems.
● Conduct detailed data analysis on data used across business units to evaluate performance, support issue and problem analysis
● Respond to data related inquiries in real-time to support business and technical teams
● Perform various data analytics and provide analytical insights
● Provide relational database expertise to be used in data analysis activities
● Provide data solutions, tools, and capabilities to enable self-service frameworks for data consumers
● Provide expertise and translate the business needs to design and develop tools, techniques, and metrics, and dashboards for insights and data visualization
● Responsible for developing and executing tools to monitor and report on data quality
● Responsible for establishing appreciation and adherence to the principles of data quality management, including metadata, lineage, and business definitions
● Provide support to the US Media Operations Platform team in managing security mechanisms and data access governance.
● BS Degree in related discipline and at least 2 years’ experience in Data Analytics or 5+ years of related experience.
● Experience with relational and non-relational database and handling data in various forms
● Experience creating KPIs and using BI reporting tools (e.g. Tableau)
● Experience in qualitative/quantitative analysis
● Knowledge and support of Business Intelligence solutions, with a desire to support AI and ML
● Knowledge of data governance, data quality management concepts and data quality
● Effective writing and verbal communication skills
● Experience working with private and sensitive personal information
● Experience with Alteryx and/or other analytics platforms
● Remote worker with option to work in office (Dallas, TX or Oldsmar, FL)
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Dallas,Texas
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, , ,