Asia Pacific / Australia / NSW / Macquarie Park
Technology & Engineering
#: 93823-en_US / 93823
Senior C# Developer – 93823
Technology and Engineering – Australia
About The Role
Senior Software Developer will design and implement new features and systems that contribute to the revenue and efficiency of the Nielsen Ad Intelligence business.
- Analyses, designs, and documents software applications
- Constructs, tests, installs, and maintains software applications
- Leads other developers in designing and building scalable and thoughtful solutions
- Researches assesses and facilitates the adoption of new technologies
- Participates in project team design reviews
- In-depth knowledge of the Advertising Intelligence domain.
- Deep understanding of the Radio and Television Survey areas.
- Good command in English on both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal skills & self-motivating
- Strong ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems.
- Masters degree in Computer Science.
- Minimum of 15 years in software development.
- Advanced knowledge of C#, WinForms, and the .NET Framework
- Advanced knowledge of VB.NET, ASP NET, and VB 6.
- Knowledge of WEB API and MVC Framework.
- Expert knowledge of Visual Studio 2019
- Advanced knowledge of the CSLA framework
- Advanced knowledge of Dream Weaver
- Knowledge of the following cloud technologies:
- Amazon EC2
- Amazon S3
- Amazon Elastic Kubernetes Service (EKS)
- Lambda Functions
- Simple Queue Service (SQS)
- Simple Notification Services (SNS)
- Advanced knowledge of Postgres
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft SQL Server
- Advanced knowledge of HTML, CSS and HTML 5.
- Experience with MySQL
- Experience with Agile/Scrum SDLC and Jira
- Some knowledge of AWS services
- Expert understanding of and the ability to apply software design and testing principles. Including experience with test-driven development
- Some Python experience would be beneficial but not required
- Experience with technologies such as Apache Airflow, Hive & Hadoop or similar would be beneficial but not required
About The Team
Around the globe, our Technology teams are relentless in our pursuit of superior analytics, technology, process, and support.
Working together across functions, our Software Developers – C# research and discover new opportunities, and shape products to fulfill them.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Macquarie Park