North America / United States / NY / New York City
Marketing & Communications
#: 86541-en_US / 86541
Senior Director, Content Marketing – 86541
Marketing and Communications – USA New York, New York
SENIOR DIRECTOR, CONTENT MARKETING
ABOUT THIS JOB
At Nielsen, we are obsessed with bringing transparency and truth to the media industry. Through rapid innovation on our technology and data, we’re determined to be leaders and visionaries in how the industry evolves. By addressing business challenges, growth opportunities, and major disruptors in the marketplace, our content marketing strategists, writers and managers create compelling, audience-centric content that builds awareness, generates leads, and accelerates sales.
Reporting to the VP of Growth Marketing, the Senior Director of Content Marketing is responsible for the development and execution of an integrated content marketing plan that boosts brand awareness and drives qualified leads for sales. The Senior Director will ensure our content is client-centric, insightful, compelling, and visually appealing. S/he will also help socialize content internally and work closely with Marketing/Campaign Managers to inform external promotional strategies. This role is focused on a top-down approach to developing a content strategy for supporting the growth aspects and priorities for Media. Strong writing and editing, project management and interpersonal skills are essential to the position, as are creativity, attention to detail and an interest in continuous learning and development. Familiarity/experience with the SaaS and/or martech/adtech industry is a big plus.
● Create and execute an annual/quarterly content roadmap and schedule that captures the most interesting, valuable and impactful topics in support of corporate and commercial priorities
● Lead Nielsen’s newsletter strategy focused on engaging prospects and clients
● Understand overarching Nielsen content initiatives to determine synergies and ensure alignment
● Develop an understanding of Nielsen’s primary audience segments and what content formats and tones resonate with different groups
● Partner with Product Marketing and Digital Marketing to develop messaging frameworks and persona / product value map
● Monitor hot topics, resources and blogs. Use digital research tools to identify search trends and inform the creation of content that optimizes search results
● Research and recommend emerging formats and types of B2B content, content creation and/or enhancement tools
● Develop/oversee the creation of short, medium and long form written content (whitepapers/reports, e-books, Blog posts, bylines, videos, infographics, etc.) for use by the marketing and sales teams to generate, engage, and nurture leads throughout the marketing funnel – includes writing, editing, proofing
● Collaborate with subject matter experts across business units, sales and marketing to ensure content assets showcase the company’s capabilities and expertise in the context of marketplace trends and clients’ challenges and objectives
● Project manage content production (development and design)
● Produce a content manifesto to fuel copy for internal and external email (TOFU, MOFU, BOFU)
● Oversee research and development of compelling/competitive insights, trends, and positioning
● Manage and leverage freelance relationships across copywriting, design, or other content development support functions
● Socialize content internally across MarCom as part of the planning process via email, meetings, and project management boards
○ Oversee and manage internal content review process across all relevant stakeholders
○ Ensure content is reviewed and added to Nielsen.com.
Work in partnership with Campaign Managers to:
○ Inform external (owned/paid) communications and launch plans for key content pieces
○ Identify/inform the target audience and relevant Nielsen solutions for nurturing
● Inform social media strategy for content, oversee and approve language Measurement
● Analyze content effectiveness against defined KPIs and use this data to adapt and shape content and strategy
○ Connect with Digital Marketing and Campaign Managers to understand and evaluate content performance and engagement i.e. Page visits, downloads
○ Connect with commercial teams on what content is working and what’s not periodically
● Manage 1 – 5 individuals (Content Marketing Manager, Senior Content Marketing Manager, Content Marketing contractors).
● Build a high-performing, bottom-line driven and audience focused content marketing team
● Provide strategic direction, guidance, and mentorship to team members
● Set content marketing goals, KPIs, direction and manage day-to-day priorities, workflow, and quality.
A LITTLE BIT ABOUT YOU
You are someone who loves storytelling with a purpose, has a “roll-up-your-sleeves and get-it-done” attitude, and produces results. As a skilled content strategist and creator specializing in audience insight, you have a talent for turning complex concepts into a compelling story for your audience. You are curious, an avid listener, and a rapid iterator, asking the right questions and incorporating new information and feedback into your content and strategy. From short- to long-form content and everything in between, you have a passion for writing and thrive in a dynamic work environment.
● 10+ years related work experience; must have experience with a b2b technology, ad-tech, media, or advertising company
● Excellent writing skills and proven track record of developing compelling marketing materials. (samples must be provided)
● Exceptional project management skills & the ability to juggle multiple assignments
● Motivated self-starter with ability/confidence to work independently, and as part of a team
● Skillful proofreader, ensuring content is accurate & adheres to style/brand standards
● The desire to make an innovative brand the best-known in the market and uphold brand standards on daily basis
● Works well under tight deadlines; self-starter and self-manager
● Experience leading and working with a designer to develop brand-rich print and digital materials on time and on budget
● Has the poise, maturity and confidence necessary to interact effectively with executive management and sales
● Comfortable managing and communicating at both the big picture and granular detail levels
● Demonstrates a strong work ethic with the flexibility to work individually or with a team
● Experience in journalism is a plus.
● Experience on the brand-direct side a plus.
● B.A. in marketing, English or communications preferred
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,