Asia Pacific / Thailand / 10 / Bangkok
#: 97161-en_US / 97161
Senior Executive, Data Science – 97161
Data Science – Thailand
About The Role
We are client-focused and deliver quality and cutting edge methods to enable Nielsen’s clients to gain valuable insights about their products and services. Data Science supports product & methodology enhancement, new product roll-outs, sample design, universe estimation and data fusion. Data Science also ensures our survey methodology and design are aligned with global standards and industry best practices.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Statistics, Mathematics, Operations Research, Computer Science, Engineering or Science discipline with outstanding analytical expertise and strong technical leadership
- No less than 2 years of work experience in the survey research industry with hands-on experience in developing and executing survey research methodologies
- Proficient in Microsoft tools, R and Python
- Strong statistics and data manipulation skills
- Familiarity with data fusion processes
- Experience with working in a computing environment, with large datasets and able to integrate across datasets will be an advantage
- Ability to autonomously manage simultaneous projects in a fast-paced business environment
- Ability to use statistical methodologies to analyze data
- Strong ability to communicate complex ideas in a simple way
- Accuracy and attention to detail
- Confident communication skills
- Team player
- Familiarity with the media industry in Thailand would be an advantage
- Deliver analyses to support the implementation of standards and best practices
- Assisting with rolling out new or enhanced services & ensure sustainability
- Consult with internal clients and provide expert technical consultation to solve complex data science-related issues
- Interact with the stakeholders on new methodology implementation to enhance the quality of Nielsen statistical services
- Develop and apply technology skills to improve business processes through automation and programming tools
About The Team
Data Science is at the core of Nielsen’s business. Our team of researchers come from diverse disciplines and they drive innovation, new product ideation, experimental design and testing, complex analysis and delivery of data insights around the world. We support all International Media clients and are located where our clients are.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Bangkok