North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
#: 88796-en_US / 88796
Senior Product Manager, Automotive (Gracenote) – 88796
Gracenote – USA Emeryville, California
Gracenote, a Nielsen company, is the world’s leading entertainment data and technology provider powering the top automakers, music services, TV platforms, and consumer electronics companies. Featured in 120M+ cars from every major OEM and supplier, Gracenote fuels infotainment experiences with solutions for music, radio, podcasts, sports, video, and more. Founded in 1998, Gracenote is one of America’s most iconic and respected media companies.
We are presently looking for a Sr. Product Manager to join our Automotive team.
Are you passionate about shaping the future of the connected car? At Gracenote, our innovative products impact the Automotive infotainment experience for millions of people around the globe. This role is responsible for maintaining current offerings, but the true focus will be on partnering with talented teams across Gracenote and Nielsen to deliver the next generation of our Automotive products. You are a self-starter who can work well independently as well as collaboratively, and you are able to proactively develop and run with your ideas from concept to execution.
- Clearly define and evolve the product roadmap based on insightful analysis of customer needs, competitors, market trends and opportunities, and Gracenote and Nielsen core competencies
- Deepen our ability to execute by providing world-class product requirements and detailed workflows to minimize changes once development is underway
- Develop and define metrics to assess the success of products and features, and identify product improvement opportunities
- Ensure Sales and Customer Experience teams are trained on new products and set up for success, participating in the Sales process as required
- Partner with Marketing to translate product features into customer value propositions; define messaging and create go-to-market documents
- Conduct user research to validate new product ideas
- Drive cross-functional and executive buy-in and approval for new initiatives
- Collect and organize product usage, content coverage and industry-related information, serving as a subject matter expert for Automotive products
- Effectively collaborate across Product, Engineering, Content, Sales, Customer Experience, Marketing, and other functions
- Bachelor or equivalent degree in Business, Marketing, or Computer Science; MBA is a plus
- 5+ years of increasing responsibility in product management or similar roles
- Experience in the automotive industry, digital media, data analytics, and/or software development
- Passion for music, podcasts, and/or cars a big plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with a demonstrated ability to present to both business and technical audiences
- A sense of ownership and ability to drive issues to closure
- Ability to operate independently, collaboratively, and as a cross-functional leader
- A “can do” attitude, a strong work ethic, attention to detail, and a willingness to roll up the sleeves to get things done in a fast-paced work environment
- Ability to listen to multiple perspectives, then make difficult decisions
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: CA – Los Angeles, , ,