North America / United States / NY / Queensbury
Technology & Engineering
#: 86111-en_US / 86111
Senior Full Stack Software Engineer – 86111
Technology and Engineering – USA Queensbury, New York
Senior Software Engineer, Video Technology
Explore and Discover Nielsen! With offices located in 52 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms. We have one of the largest Video metadata databases in the world.
We are seeking an agile, team-oriented, Senior Full-stack Software Engineer to join a team focused on developing software for video metadata collection and curation. Our customers’ appetite for video data is unbounded and you will help meet their needs by designing/building/supporting a variety of applications that enable us to collect, catalog, and process video metadata, more efficiently, and with higher quality.
This position can be based in Queensbury, NY, New York City, Oldsmar, FL or anywhere remote in the Eastern Time Zone.
Our teams are growth-minded, globally focused, and are passionate about building high-quality robust software. We are looking for people who are as passionate as we are about technology, writing code, building cool, customer-inspired solutions, and who can demonstrate their passion with personal projects or contributions to the open source community (by writing code, participating in discussions, or promoting their favorite tools and languages).
FOR THIS ROLE WE WILL BE LOOKING FOR PEOPLE THAT HAVE:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related technical field.
- 5+ years of professional full-stack software development experience.
- Strong computer science fundamentals, such as data structures, algorithms, design patterns, and OOP.
- Ability to write clean, maintainable code, and ability to refactor older code.
- Experience with RESTful API development and with frameworks such as Spring.
- Comfortable with version control systems such as git and gitlab.
- Team experience with Agile concepts, such as Scrum, CI, and TDD.
- Experience developing service oriented architectures and an understanding of design for scalability, performance, and reliability.
- Experienced with at least one RDBMS, such as MySQL or PostgreSQL.
- A thirst for learning new tech and keeping up with industry shifts/advances.
- Excellent communication and knowledge sharing skills.
- Comfortable working with technical and non-technical teams.
- Strong debugging skills.
- Comfortable providing and receiving code review feedback
- A positive attitude, adaptability, enthusiasm, and a growth mindset.
- Knowledge of the TV and Movie metadata industry.
- DevOps experience deploying and tuning the applications you’ve built.
- Monitoring tools such as Datadog, Prometheus, Grafana.
- Configuration management tools such as Ansible, Chef, or Docker.
- Infrastructure as Code, with terraform.
- Experience designing and deploying cloud-based software.
- Experience mentoring junior developers.
- QAT and Test Automation.
- Groovy, AngularJS, Node.js, React, jQuery, Bootstrap, Ruby, Elasticsearch.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Queensbury,New York
Secondary Locations: FL – Tampa – Oldsmar, NY – New York City,