North America / United States / CA / Emeryville
#: 78147-en_US / 78147
Senior Software Engineer, Music – 78147
Gracenote – USA Emeryville, California
Explore and Discover Nielsen Global Media! With offices located in 110 countries, we are a global independent measurement and big data analytics company focused on your future.
Gracenote, a Nielsen Company, is the leading provider of entertainment metadata and media recognition technology that powers enrichment and discovery features for top TV, music, sports and automotive platforms.
We are presently looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join our Music team. We are looking for quick, eager learners with great programming skills; people who are self-starters and who take ownership of their work.
The Music and Automotive team writes software that powers over 250 million state of the art car stereos, home media players, and other entertainment systems for the world's top automotive and consumer electronics manufacturers. We are seeking someone who is passionate about using the best software processes and tools to help automobile manufacturers differentiate themselves by creating unique experiences that delight their customers.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Work in a collection of 10 scrum teams that collaborate closely in planning and execution to deliver solutions
- Work with stakeholders to understand what problems we should solve and why, thinking critically about new project proposals
- Elaborate detailed designs from high-level architecture
- Implement well-tested and documented solutions using good coding practices
- Measure solutions against quality and performance targets, diagnose issues and work with your teammates on solutions
- Take initiative to seek out and communicate with domain experts to facilitate correct solutions
- Collaborate with and mentor team members
WHAT DO WE OFFER:
- The chance to work alongside a highly skilled technical team allowing you to come up with designs, implement them, and solve interesting software problems
- A welcoming atmosphere that will instantly make you feel comfortable within our team-oriented and fun environment
- To be a part of a company that invests in programming tools that will make the development experience easier
- A creative, musical culture featuring employee concerts and performances year round
FOR THIS ROLE WE ARE LOOKING FOR INDIVIDUALS THAT HAVE:
- A Computer Science degree or equivalent
- 4+ years experience in software development
- Passion for learning new technologies
- Teamwork and team building skills that will contribute directly to team success
- Backend development skills in Java, Apigee, etc
- Database skills in any of the following:
- NoSQL, e.g. Postgres
- SQL, e.g. Oracle
- Elastic Search
- Other beneficial technical skills
- C, C++
- Testing / JUnit
- Clear Documentation
- Data Analytical skill also a strong plus
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Ability to synthesize complex datasets into simple and compelling information to drive recommendations
- Experience in scripting, querying and/or analytics tools, e.g. Python, R or similar tools
ABOUT NIELSEN GLOBAL MEDIA
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: Emeryville,California
Secondary Locations: , , ,