North America / United States / NY / New York City
Technology & Engineering
#: 86683-en_US / 86683
Senior UX Designer – 86683
Technology and Engineering – USA New York, New York
Sr. UX Designer
We are Nielsen, a global research company with almost a century of scientific expertise. If you can think of it, we’re measuring it. From global industry leaders and national regulatory bodies to small businesses, we work with them all. Every day our software empowers analysts, data scientists, and lawmakers in 100+ countries to make better decisions in our fast-changing world.
ABOUT THIS JOB
Join our team for a unique chance of redesigning a portfolio of industry-defining data analytics tools. We are proud of our culture of experimentation and constant learning. We appreciate a positive, self-starting attitude when working independently or in a team. If you are a design generalist who loves to solve problems, we have a great opportunity for you!
- Deliver end-to-end product experience in small, agile and diverse teams.
- Conduct workshops with stakeholders and the product team.
- Turn insights into prototypes to facilitate feedback from users.
- Plan and conduct user research and tests with your team.
- Refine complex workflows into simple, intuitive experiences with clear interfaces.
- Work with developers to ship & optimise products, people want to use every day.
- 3+ years of experience designing complex SaaS or enterprise software showcased in a portfolio.
- Strong facilitation skills with hands-on experience in conducting workshops and field studies.
- Practical understanding of technical limitations, software development process and working in Scrum or LeSS.
- Growth mindset with a desire to continuously develop your skills, mentor less experienced team members and improve internal processes.
WHAT WE OFFER
- Modern workflow built with the most powerful design tools like Figma or Webflow
- Possibility to design and ship software on a truly international scale (your design may be translated into dozens of languages).
- Opportunity to focus – we work on substantial, high-impact projects, so you can forget about last-minute scope adjustments or daily ASAPs.
- Chance to travel, meet and work with people from various countries around the globe.
We are open to different levels of experience but being open-minded is crucial. We would love to learn more about the value you can add to our team. If it sounds like you, apply – even if you don’t meet 100% of the requirements.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Job Type: Regular
Primary Location: New York,New York
Secondary Locations: , , ,