Asia Pacific / Malaysia / / Petaling Jaya
Technology & Engineering
#: 80601-en_US / 80601
Innovation is good. Innovation on a global scale is literally world changing. Join us and find out what it means to propel our clients toward the latter.
- The Software Developer will design and implement new features and systems that contribute to the revenue and efficiency of the Nielsen Ad Intelligence business
- Analyzes, designs, and documents software applications
- Constructs, tests, installs, and maintains software applications
- Leads other developers in designing and building scalable and thoughtful solutions
- Researches, assesses, and facilitates the adoption of new technologies
- Participates on project team design reviews
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science or equivalent work experience
- Minimum of 3 years in software development
- Good command in English on both verbal and written
- Good interpersonal skills & self motivating
- Strong ability to apply analytical and problem-solving skills to solve complex design and coding problems
- Strong knowledge of C#, WinForms and the .NET Framework
- Good knowledge of Postgres or similar open-source database technologies
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC) and Jira
- Some knowledge of AWS services would be beneficial but not required
- Some understanding of and experience with test driven development using UI and Unit testing methodologies
About the Team
Nielsen Media would not function without our Technology teams! We are catalysts for delivery quality, on-time, reliable measurements to clients, and we are cultivators, growing our employees through education, skill building and experiences. Around the globe, our Technology teams are relentless in our pursuit of superior analytics, technology, process and support.
As the arbiter of truth, Nielsen Global Media fuels the media industry with unbiased, reliable data about what people watch and listen to. To discover what’s true, we measure across all channels and platforms—from podcasts to streaming TV to social media. And when companies and advertisers are armed with the truth, they have a deeper understanding of their audiences and can accelerate growth.
Do you want to move the industry forward with Nielsen? Our people are the driving force. Your thoughts, ideas and expertise can propel us forward. Whether you have fresh thinking around maximizing a new technology or you see a gap in the market, we are here to listen and take action. Our team is made strong by a diversity of thoughts, experiences, skills, and backgrounds. You’ll enjoy working with smart, fun, curious colleagues, who are passionate about their work. Come be part of a team that motivates you to do your best work!